Prologue

We had fought hard against the Waspians. After a while, they finally retreated once more. We fight each other constantly. I don't see the point, even as the Arthropodian queen. It's the queen of the Waspians that constantly sends her workers to Arthropodia, the fighting we do is always retaliation. We hate fighting, we hate it. But as much as we hate it, we can't let these morally disgusting individuals destroy our planet. 

During archaeology, one of the minimum requirements was to bring some evidence of ancestry back, even if it was as miniscule as a fossilized antenna. One of the civilians, to my surprise, brought a bunch of fossilized exoskeleton bits, including a head, remains of wings, and legs. It appeared almost like a mix between us and the Waspians. This had me thinking, what if we share a common ancestor? 

I was shocked, appalled, and utterly confused. How could we possibly be related? The aggressive, relentless creatures that killed the few remaining animals on Waspia for seemingly no reason, were related to us, the kind, gentle souls that let Earthlings live on our planet for absolutely free? I suddenly realized... 

Something terrible happened to them. There would be no other way we'd end up on separate planets. We betrayed them and left them to rot on a barren, hideous planet, while we took the planet with a beautiful ecosystem and wildlife. I suddenly felt guilt for the things my ancestors did. The entire reason we fought against them is because we thought if we let them live on our planet, they would kick us out and ruin it. 

...but what if all they want is to be free from the barren wasteland that they're trapped in? What if they just want to live amongst us in harmony... and become one again? No, I must be dreaming, I can't be feeling sympathy for these brutes!