✦ ⋆ Bingsu Historical Site

"How do I look?"

"You look awesome, Walnut! I love the magnifying glass."

With quite a bit of lockpicking work, you were able to get into Almond's house and into Walnut's wardrobe, where you found some relatively fancy stuff. She didn't have any truly "fancy" clothes, but it's hard to blame her due to the distinct lack of fancy events she's brought to. You managed to dig up a pretty nice jacket and a pair of clean white pants, which is very rare in a child's wardrobe. After digging through some closets, you found a hat that had never been worn before, and it fit with the outfit perfectly, even if it was a bit big. Hopefully Almond wouldn't mind.

After grabbing a white magnifying glass from her mind-boggling collection, she was ready for the party. You turned to the clock; 8 PM. It started in an hour. This would go way past her bedtime, but that didn't matter. If Almond wanted her to stick with you, he'd have to deal with the aftermath of letting her stay up late. You still had time to get ready, so you sat Walnut down on the couch and went to put on your party attire.

You thought ahead; you has taken your nice clothing with you, and it was folded in the bathroom right where you left it. You put it on, taking a decent amount of time. The clothing was mostly light neutral colors, with a few splashes of F/C. Right. It was time to get in your work mindset.

You could still enjoy this party, but you'd be on duty the whole time; you made sure you had your radio, which could miraculously reach Almond from all the way up in the mountains and leave messages behind, and your handcuffs, just in case you caught the target. Also on hand was a small camera (a device considered exotic for the world outside of Blaynugar, the invention's birthplace) to collect evidence.

All that was attached to a belt hidden within the neatly ironed fabric, of course. Nobody could know of your real purpose there, especially not the target. Making some final adjustments, you walked out, making sure all the lights were off. When you walked back into the living room, Walnut was shaking food into a cat bowl, obviously struggling with the heavy bag. The cat in question, Almond's cat that you never even caught the name of, was sitting on the couch, watching her with the most "lights are on, nobody's home" stare you could imagine. Beside him was a walnut-shaped teddy bear, worn out slightly around the torso under the arms.

"Pspspspsps, c'mere Constable Whiskers! Your dinner is -" She put the bag down with a heavy breath, clipping off the top and dragging it into the kitchen -"here! We're gonna be gone tonight, okay kitty? You look after Ted for me. Good boy." She gave the little black cat a few pats between the ears as he started eating, and ran over to you, smiling.

"Ready, Mx. Y/N?!" She said, jumping up and down. You smiled.

"Ready as ever, kid."

⋆ ~-~ ✧ ~-~-~-~ ✦ ~-~-~-~ ✧ ~-~ ⋆

Even if you grew up going to them, you'd never get used to parties.

There was always too much happening, too much to observe. People moving around, talking, grabbing drinks, it was all so much. Which is another reason you hated this case.

Cheesecake always booked the best venues; and Phantom Bleu had consistently stolen from every single one. You actually had to take Cheesecake in for questioning since she was a commonality, but as soon as she brought up the fact that this mysterious cookie had been spotted at multiple parties with different hosts, you scratched her as a possible accomplice. She was still very hard to read mentally, though. She was complaint with the law, but seemed to welcome Phantom Bleu to every party and watch every attempt to catch the criminal with amusement.