ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴘᴛ.3

(Im so sorry for the long chapter.....I did NOT wanna do a pt 4 lolz)

  I stood there dwelling in my awkward silence as I thought for a moment. 'I could've mistaken it again...... No, no. I saw his attitude do a complete 180. I know what I saw. What exactly am I supposed to do about it though? Do I confront him and ask what's wrong? Do I say or do nothing? Ugh.'

   A labored sigh left my mouth as I brought myself out of my thoughts. I pivoted on my heel to look at Gaz. I tiled my head in the direction I thought I saw ghost in. 'Let's just get this interaction over with, I'll worry about whatever the hell that was, later.' "C'mon Gaz lets go talk to the grumpy brit." I waved and started walking. He chuckled and quickly followed.

3rd Person POV:

   König stood as still as a statue as he watched her walk away from him. His twitching had subsided, and he released the grip on his gun, a little bit. Why was he getting so worked up? It's not like he was angry, no no- he was beyond angry. This was a type of anger he'd never felt before. It was bubbling up in his chest and was rising with every step that she took next to that man. Suddenly, he remembered the way she'd looked at him before she'd walked away with that man. That expression: he was all too familiar with it.

   It was fear. He began replaying the entire interaction over and over in his head. A part of him couldn't understand any of this, but the other part understood quite well. It was louder and crueler. 'You scared her away .... monster.' It was as if the sentence was on set on loop in his head. His anger had since retired into pure sadness and fear.

   Had he really scared away the only person who made him feel so warm and fuzzy inside? He really hoped that it wasn't true. He didn't want her to look at him any differently. But deep down his conscience ravaged at his insides. It was true. He had scared her. He was a monster.

   He was torn on what to do to fix this if he could even fix it at all. He settled on the only answer that made sense to him, distancing. He couldn't scare her anymore if he didn't talk to her.

1st Person POV:

   Me and Gaz started back towards my team. We walked back in a comfortable silence as we had talked away all our thoughts. I made sure to ask him if he saw König looking at him weird and to my surprise, he said he didn't. It baffled me for a minute because it's quite easy to see a 6 ft. 10 person staring down at you. How he didn't see it, was literally beyond me. As we neared the group, something seemed off. The regular cheerful ambiance was nowhere to be found.

   Roze and Horangi were still deep into their conversation; so, it wasn't them who was tarnishing the atmosphere. I looked around, trying to find a cause. When my eyes landed on König, I realized that it was him. He still stood in the same spot he was in before we left. His body was more slouched over; his gun was resting barrel-first into the ground as he stared downwards, looking at it. 'Well okay then...' I walked past him to Roze and Horangi, I interrupted their conversation; telling them to meet up with Simon and his group; they would practice both hand-to-hand combat as well as sniping and stealth. Since Kortac soldiers were already well-trained, this would be more like tests to see who can do what etc.

   "Well, what about König...?" Roze asked quietly. "I'll be testing him." I turned my body to catch a glimpse of König. I continued, "There's something bothering him, and I plan to try and get to the bottom of it." Roze nodded in approval and Horangi stepped toward me. Just as he seemed like he was going to say something, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Before I could even turn around, the person walked in front of me.