Chapter 8

Zayn's POV:

I shook my head and tried to fight off the smile that had made it's way to my lips, but I just couldn't help it. The image of the curly haired boy in the bed, smiling softly before I left was probably engraved in my brain now

Why do I feel like I have met him before?

"Why are you smiling like a fool Malik? C'mon hurry up we have a life to save." Navya said, suddenly appearing at my side. I nodded and we both walked quickly to the OR

"Okay, what happened?" I asked entering the OR, wearing my scrubs. There was a girl lying on the bed and I recognized her as one of the victims we had saved from that hellhole

"Internal bleeding. Don't know how we missed that when we checked up on her yesterday. She went from being okay to having a seizure over night."

I nodded and we got to work.

*4 hours later*
After 4 hours of hard work, we did managed to save her but she was still in critical condition.

"Assign Dr. Jones to look after her and make sure the nurses check up on her every 20 minutes" Navya said to me as we left the operation room.

As I was about to go find Dr. Jones, Dr. Alex came running up to me. "Dr. Malik, your John Doe woke up crying again and won't let anyone come close to him, saying that only you were allowed to come near him. Also he's been crying about his kid, so you might wanna do something about that as well."

"Okay. I'll go check up on him. Also can you find Dr. Jones and tell her that I'm assigning her to look after Helen? The girl we just operated on. She'll know what I'm talking about. Also John Doe's name is Harry so update that on his file" I said.

Alex gave me a small smirk and said "You sure have a way with your patient. I don't even know how you managed to calm him down today."

"It's all about working with patience and being understanding of what the other might be going through. Anyways I need to leave now."

He nodded and I made my way up to Harry's room.

I knocked softly on his door before entering and there it is again...my heart fluttering at the sight of him.

He looked much calmer now than he did before, even though it was very clear that he had been crying.

"Hi there. How are you feeling now?" I asked him softly, not wanting to scare him.

He didn't respond as I checked his heart beat and blood pressure.

"Bad dream?" I asked, smiling at him and he looked at me with his wide, green eyes.

He's so beautiful...

He finally responded me with a small nod. "It's okay Harry. You are safe here okay?" I said and again, he didn't reply just stared down at his hands which were in his lap.

He cleared his throat as he glanced up at me, "Um..wh-when can I...um..when c-can I s-see Ty-Tyler?" He asked so softly that if I was even a few steps further, I couldn't have heard him.

"Lemme go talk to his doctor to see if he's awake or not okay? I'll be back in a minute." I replied and turned to leave but he stopped me.

"Um..you-you'll b-be back so-soon right?" He whispered again, looking at me with his fear filled eyes.

I smiled and placed my hand on his, "I'll be back before you know it. And then we can go see Tyler together, okay? I'm sure he's been missing you very much."