Chapter 3

"Why isn't he talking?" Baekhyun complained, slamming the file folder down on the table. Chanyeol stood on the wall as Yoon sat at the table, staring at the man as he paced in anger. "4 hours. I've been in there for four hours trying to get answers and nothing... Nothing!"

"I told you he'd be more responsive if you hadn't given him food," Yoon said, looking at his phone in boredom.

"We aren't going to starve him," Chanyeol said.

"What do we do?" Baekhyun asked. "If he doesn't talk, what are we going to do?"

"Why don't I try?" Chanyeol said, giving the other a smile. Baekhyun just looked at the man before he walked out of the room.

"What is he going to do that I haven't tried?" Baekhyun asked himself, sitting down at the table.

"Well, for one. He's nicer than you," Yoon mentioned. "That might help." Baekhyun scoffed.

"I'm nice!"

"If this is you being nice, then everyone else in the world must be a saint."

"What would you know?" Baekhyun said. "You're just a cocky little brat. You haven't even finished high school yet."

"I'm a lot more mature than you."

"In your dreams," Baekhyun said. Yoon rolled his eyes, looking back down at his phone. A few moments went by when Chanyeol came back in, holding his nose with his head tilted up. "What the fuck happened to you?"

"I don't know," Chanyeol said, Baekhyun leading the man to his seat. "We were talking and I was going over the things we already know and I asked him about KLP and he suddenly started swinging at me."

"Let me see," Baekhyun said, moving the man's hand, and revealing his bloody nose. Baekhyun's nose scrunched as he looked at his friend worriedly, part of him angry while the other was concerned. Chanyeol was otherwise frozen, his heart beating a hundred per minute as his friend held his head up, making him look into his eyes. The few seconds felt like hours to him. Yoon watched silently, part of him feeling like he intruded on a private moment. "That bastard," Baekhyun whispered, taking his hands off the man's face.

"What do you think made him start swinging?" Yoon asked, thinking things through in his head.

"I don't know," Chanyeol said. "He didn't seem okay though. It seemed like he was paranoid or something. I think me mentioning the company just set him off."

"Was he scared the entire time?"

"Yeah. He kept looking around the room and was talking really low like he didn't want anyone to hear him."

"He's probably lost his marbles," Baekhyun said, stepping away, looking around the room for something. "No logically sane person would just start swinging." Yoon began to mumble to himself as the door opened, Luhan and Kyungsoo stepping into the room.

"We saw them taking that guy back to his--"

"What happened to your face?" Luhan interrupted Kyungsoo, surprised by the amount of blood splattered. "Did you get that mad at him Baekhyun?"

"Told ya you were mean," Yoon said, walking past the four men. "I'll be back!" Baekhyun let out a low growl as he watched the boy leave, the anger for him festering in his chest.

"If I was going to punch anyone, it would've been that little piece of shit," Baekhyun said, bringing napkins over to clean up Chanyeol. "The suspect hit him out of nowhere during the investigation."

"I'm fine though," Chanyeol said looking at his friends, stopping Baekhyun as he dabbed the blood off. Baekhyun let out a sigh before giving him the napkins and sitting down beside him.