6.1 The lodger

Elliot Lola and Sandy are sitting in a room with Nancy at the vet clinic as Nancy is doing an ultrasound on Lola.
"That's really evolved. Is it supposed to be like that already?" Lola asks.
"I assure you under these circumstances it's normal. The results from your blood sample is not mundane. You're carrying a monster in that stomach, Lola." Nancy says smiling. Lola turns to Elliot and smiles. He smiles back and kisses her cheek.
"Wait, is it not dangerous for a mundane to carry or give birth to a monster?" Lola asks and turns to Nancy.
"As long as it's not a siren or a minotaur it's not dangerous. But since the baby belongs to Elliot, it can't be one of the mythical animals. So since it's a normal animal it will not be dangerous for you because that means it's still natural" Nancy explains. "I don't yet know the gender of it but we'll be able to tell that in August. However, you will give birth within six months instead of nine because it's a monster" Nency turns back to Sandy.
"The same goes for Cate. If your child is a monster too, she will give birth in December this year."

At the graveyard in brought day light, Kian walks in and makes sure no-one can see him. He goes to one of the open graves and opens the coffin in the grave. Inside the coffin lays the body of Eliasz. Kian places his hand on Eliasz' shoulder and after a few seconds Eliasz slowly opens his eyes. The eyes are grey and dull at first but they slowly turn back to blue and Eliasz can move his eyes again. He sits up and his skin slowly turns back to normal. As he looks at Kian he smiles at him and Kian helps him out of the coffin. They hear the door to the church open and as fast as they can they close the coffin and run away. The graveyard worker walks over the the grave and starts digging it down into the ground, throwing dirt on it with a shovel.

The next day Amanda and Jack shows Anaïs around at the school.
"Do you think you're ready to start school now?" Amanda asks as the two girls are walking behind Jack.
"Yeah. I need you get out and see some people. I mean it's been three months since Texas" Anaïs says.
"I mean it's a little unnecessary to start school in June with only a few weeks left until graduation but at least you'll know what the school looks like when you get back in senior year" Jack turns to them, walking backwards, with a wide smile.
"Yeah. That's good right?" Anaïs turns to Amanda.
"I guess so" she smiles at her.
"Well, as you can see we're approaching the bathrooms on the second floor and if you look to your left you will see some group rooms where we work sometimes when we want some peace and quiet" Jack explains and points out the bathrooms and the group rooms.

Outside the classroom Elvis is sitting with a book reading something. He looks up toward the stairs and sees Eliasz and Kian walking up toward the third floor together. He closes his book and walks after them to the bottom of the stairs.
"And here we have our good friend Elvis by the stairs" Jack says as the three of them walks up to Elvis.
"Hey, Jack, I got a question for you" Elvis says and places his hand on Jack's shoulder pulling him closer. "You said that you saw Eliasz die right?" Elvis asks.
"Yes I did" Jack confirms.
"Are you sure? Did you see his body?"
"Why?" Jack starts laughing a little bit "I mean, have you seen him?" he asks jokingly.
"I have" Elvis says and Jack stops laughing.
"When?" he asks surprised.
"Now. He walked up the stairs with Kian" Elvis explains and Jack's face drops. "Did you see his dead body?"
"I mean I think so. It was late I was scared I don't know. All I know is I heard how that wolf was chewing his flesh. I looked up and I saw blood dripping from his mouth and I think I saw Eliasz laying on the floor with wide open eyes and blood everywhere but now you're maig me question myself" Jack says insecurely. Anaïs looks scared and Amanda takes Anaïs away from there.
"I'll show you the rest of the school" she says and they walk down the stairs.
"Is there a way he could have come back from the dead?"
"In this world, why not. There is one way... What did Hazel tell V before he died? About the horsemen" Elvis asks.
"The horsemen are coming, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Or something like that" Jack says and looks confused.
"What if it's death" Elvis says.
"Doesn't he just kill people?" Jack asks.
"No. He control's death. He can bring back people from the dead make them look real, make them look like zombies. He can kill poeple with a touch. He controls it" Elvis explains.
"Yeah, that sounds about right"
"Unless he's a draug" Elvis says quickly and Jack widens his eyes.
"Eliasz?" he asks and Elvis nods.
"I think I will actually HOPE for the first one. I don't want to deal with another draug, my best friend almost burned to death" Jack says seriously.
"Think about the possibilities, Jack. We have to be open minded and careful until we know what we're dealing with"