prologue

[Thanks for the suggestions for this book; I ended up going with what my sibling had suggested-- starting from the beginning and allowing the bonds to form better and really let the angst take place in s2-s3.]

It's over

It's over. It's finally over.

They step outside, panting. They take a bite of what little they had left of a butterscotch-cinnamon pie, their eyes meeting the sunset.

Thier smile became a tad more genuine as they watched the sun rise. They chuckled. "Yup. Everything you've ever thought it'd be, Paps." The bony silhouette said to no one in particular. The skeleton sighed, lifting a red heart-looking object in front of them. It glowed brightly, emitting something that really made you feel determined. "Sorry, lady. Looks like I couldn't keep your promise." They said sorrowfully despite a smile on thier face.

The figure placed thier hand on thier chest, absorbing the heart thing. They sighed, the smile on thier face stretching into a half-cringe at the feeling of skin on thier bones-- h/c hair sprouting from thier head. Plain white pupils against black turned into e/c against white.

They looked at thier s/c hand, flipping it frontside and back to see the new appearance. The monster-now-part-human felt the power of a human soul resonate within thier bones as they walked down a path. They paused at a sharp turn, seeing the sunset one last time before turning to the right. They should get an idea of the human world, so that they can get the hang of new 'shortcuts'.

The monster-human strolled down the street five years later in the roads of Megapolis in China

The monster-human strolled down the street five years later in the roads of Megapolis in China. They sport a blue hoodie with deep pockets and a grey/furry hood. Their e/c eyes looked around as they headed to work.

They had been hired at Pigsy's after a few days' wait for results. The person pocketed their hands, fiddling with a soon-to-be used prank in thier fingers. A cheeky grin spread on thier face as they knocked on the door early before opening-- As wanted.

Today they were going to be trained by the only other employee-- a kid named MK or something.

The door opened to reveal-- a pig? Their smile widened a little in amusement as they stepped inside. "'Sup?" Asks the human-monster casually.