Prologue

Aaleeyah P.
"Packing up my shh and I'm going real far
Going off to Hollywood to be a big star
There's nothing here for me so I gotta move fast
And I'm getting on the road and will never look back
I gotta dream big (dream big) cause when it happen it's gon' happen real quick (yes I feel it, I gotta)
I gotta move fast cause when it happen I can't let it move past (only get one chance)
Can't spend another second sitting on my mama's couch
So if I don't take a chance I won't ever get out
Some people talk but never do they just running they mouth
But I mean just what I say and I'm a show them about yeah
When it feel like you been waiting all your life for the second
You'll be a fool to just let it past so go and get it
No matter near or far, to the moon, the stars
I'll do whatever I need to follow my dream"

She drove past the sign that says Welcome to Miami,feeling the excitement come over her sadness. A new life. A chance to start over. She was on the run with her baby brother. Running away from her problems that will soon come back to her. She was running away from the punches,kicks, hurtful words, careless family,and the fake friends. She didn't even know how she was going to get the money to take care of another little body.

She had to dream big because something bad could happen real quick. The further she went, the more memories that were erased from her mind. Never thinking about anything that could possibly go wrong. Her head held high every step she took or mile she drove. Trust no one was her motto everytime a new person came up to her face. Dream Big was my motto when she drove past that sign. No Love was her motto everytime a walked out the door.

She was 16 and her baby brother was 14 when they left Detroit to become something they never thought they would be.That was 6 years ago.