💜 Chapter 8 💜

It was officially the most wonderful evening that Kusuo had ever experienced, as he walked side-by-side with Nadeshiko. They had spent the afternoon chasing after the lost cause of Chiyo and Takeru, the pair of them had gone out to have an amazing dinner together at the local Gyoza place and he had also managed to get the courage to give her flowers and gifts – which had brightened her big, violet eyes and warmed her soft, pale skins as she had smiled at him.

Something told Kusuo that if he continued to play it well with Nadeshiko then this was simply going to be the beginning of the best phase of his life. He wished that he could convey the intensity of his feelings to her right now, have her become his girlfriend and promise a life of happy marriage for the pair of them together. He could see they were meant to be; she had agreed as well –

"We did good together, did we not?"

That was what Nadeshiko had said when they had worked together – but Kusuo was sure that in every aspect of their life together, he will try his best to have her speak those same words to him. Kusuo glanced toward Nadeshiko as the pair of them walked their back down the street to their neighbourhood together.

With the moon above their heads and the clear, warm breeze in the air, it was simply the most wonderful experience. Kusuo wished that he could hold onto her hand at that moment but had no choice but to keep it to himself. He could not force his feeling onto her until she felt similarly.

Nadeshiko looked absolutely beautiful as she always did. She was in their school uniform but the way her long black hair descended down her back in waves, the way her lips were perpetually in a lovely smile and the way her gem-like eyes glinted in the shadow of the moonlight.

Even the flowers that she insisted on carrying in her arms were envious of how beautiful she was, and Kusuo almost wanted to mention that to her. But all too soon, the pair of them could see the sight of their approaching homes on the end of the street. Nadeshiko looked toward Kusuo, who had been carrying the Sanrio characters, Kuromi and Nyanmi for her.

"Today was such a delightful day," Nadeshiko spoke up softly. "And it was such because of you – thank you for going with me to help out Yumehara-San, offering dinner and gifting me such cute presents. It could not have been any better, and for that, I am very grateful to you, Kusuo-Kun,"

"I'm happy if you're happy," Kusuo replied. "With everything, I mean – I'm happy if you're happy with how our evening went," He felt utterly uncool. "I'm glad you liked your presents,"

But Nadeshiko did not seem to mind it and her smile only widened in response to his words. Kusuo was about to offer to walk his future wife to her parents' home but stopped when he noticed a letter sticking out of the mailbox – with his name prominently on the front of it.

"A letter?" asked Kusuo as he tilted his head at it, and Nadeshiko looked curious. "I normally don't get letters, but it appears to be for me... that's unusual,"

"Oh, I hope it is of goodwill," Nadeshiko whispered worriedly as she watched him reach for it.

Kusuo looked at Nadeshiko as she took the plush toys from him and instead held them so that he could reach for the mail. He felt that she was utterly kind but before he could focus on that aspect, he picked up the envelope, slicing it open and pulling out the letter within to read something very absurd within –

To Saiki Kusuo-Sama, I know that you are a psychic.

Of course, I don't intend to tell anyone about you. I'm writing this letter because I wanted you to know that I'm not your enemy, and that I wish to be your apprentice. I also have unique abilities, which is how I came to know about you, master. I'll come to greet you in person some time soon.