Six

I feel like a little girl.

I could probably go sleep with Skylar.

I don't like the room I sleep in at this house. It scares me. It was Melody's room, yet there is no presence of her ever living there. Also the window, the;re no blinds or curtains. I can see those... things roaming around at night. At first I never saw them, but now I can. I can't breathe in that room.

Ross left me with Skylar after he took care of the welts on our skin from the rain once we got home. He said he was just going to check things out. I had no idea where he went. He got home just a couple hours ago, after I had put Skylar and myself to bed.

Now I stood at his bedroom door, scared out of my mind.

"What do you need?"

I jumped at his sudden presence. He stood at the door, wearing nothing but boxers.

"H - h - how did you - you know I - I was out here?" I asked, stuttering.

"You breathe really loudly."

"O-oh."

"Are you okay?"

  I feel like a little girl.

"I - I'm scared!" I cried

He opened his arms and I fell into them.

"I'm scared that I'm the reason everyone is asleep. I'm scared of those creatures hunting us down. I'm scared my mom's never going to wake up. I'm scared for your sister. I'm scared Skylar isn't going to make it long. She's sick, and yet she was perfectly fine this morning. Kids aren't supposed to get sick that easily! I'm scared my dad is related to that Estal lady. I'm scared I'm related to someone who ruined our lives."

"You want to sleep with me?"

I nodded.

Ross closed his bedroom door and brought me deeper inside.

"Skylar's sick?"

"Uh-huh."

Ross got back into bed as I crawled into the covers next to him.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," He said, facing me in the darkness.

"What."

"What do you feel about moving... to a new house?"

"That's kind of sudden, isn't it?"

"It's in the country, in a forest... over by the wall. There's a creek that runs behind it with a little lake at the end. It's a Classic."

"No," I said, flatly.

"It's the cabin."

"I went on a field trip there once. That's where I got this watch," I told him, holding up my hand and tapping the little wrist watch.

"So is that a no?"

"I don't think so."

Ross frowned, "It's over in an area where those creatures won't scout. We ran into one today, during the day. That means they're not only coming out at night, they're coming out during the day. If we don't move out there then we will never be able to go outside this house."

"But-"

"Also, someone else lives there."

I sat up in bed. Someone else? Are they asleep? Are they awake? How could that be possible?

"Alex really want's to meet you, Amanda."

 Alex.

My breathing hitched, my heart was racing. I knew who that was.