4. Wake Up

Olivia's POV

I'm shocked Spencer is staying out past two in the morning. But it has allowed me to put in some extra research about William Greaves.

I have a story concept and an introduction already written. But my story won't be complete without the help of John. That's why I'm currently searching his social media page.

My goal is to front load the information so I can weed out the things that don't fit.

"When I fell asleep, you were working! Now your ass is cyber stalking somebody's extremely handsome son

"When I fell asleep, you were working! Now your ass is cyber stalking somebody's extremely handsome son." Layla says and I chuckle. "Last time I checked that's not Spencer!"

"This is William Greaves grandson. The kid from the picture." I tell her and she cleans her eyes to take a closer look at my phone.

"He's cute. But not really my type," she says nonchalantly.

"Go back to sleep," I counter and she chuckles as she lays her head on the arm of the couch.

I scroll through a few more pictures before closing out and noticing the clock says 2:54 AM.

"C'mon, baby!" I mumble because I can't sleep without him next to me. Or at least knowing if he's okay.

My phone rings and it's Keisha.

"Hello," I say and that's the last thing I really remember before I scream and rush out of the house with my keys in hand.

Layla doesn't know much, but she offers to drive and I accept as I try to tell her what I know.

"She said Darnell was shot and Spencer is being tended to by a nurse," I cry and she speeds up as I shake in the passenger seat. "Medical Center!"

I point to the exit and tears drip in my lap.

"It'll be okay," Layla tells me as she uses one hand to console.

"Just drive, Lay!" I say and she does just that.

After ten minutes, she pulls into a spot and I run into the emergency room to see Ms. Grace in hysterics as she paces back and forth.

"What happened? Somebody tell me what's wrong!" I ask in a panic.

"The cops said it was likely a random robbery. But they shot Darnell. And Spencer lost it outside. So this security guard jammed him up and he loss consciousness." Cam explains as he holds Ms. Grace as close to him as possible.

"Where are they?"

"Darnell's still in surgery. And they won't let us see Spencer!" Keisha answers and I run up to the registration desk to talk to the receptionist.

"I need to see Spencer James now," I say and Layla stands inches away.

"I will tell you like I told the others, until security ensures everyone's safety, we will not disclose his location."