x. missing boy

CHAPTER X:

( missing boy )

( missing boy )

      LEIO HAD BEEN ANXIOUSLY TREADING WATER ON HER TSURAK, UWEI'LO, IN SEARCH OF THE YOUNGER BROTHER OF NETEYAM

      LEIO HAD BEEN ANXIOUSLY TREADING WATER ON HER TSURAK, UWEI'LO, IN SEARCH OF THE YOUNGER BROTHER OF NETEYAM. Only moments ago had she been pushing Aonung toward where Neteyam sat, anger and fear both flowing through her as she demanded Aonung tell the boy of what he possibly condemned Lo'ak to.

Neteyam's eyes widened when Su'leio further explained that hunting beyond the reef was a dangerous task to be done by inexperienced hunters, let alone those who had not even been deemed warriors in their clan yet.

Four days of no conversation and then the first word spoken is that of Neteyam's brother possibly being at risk for death if he wasn't already dead. They sure had a way of breaking the silence with the dramatics.

Neteyam gripped the younger boy by the arm and rushed him to his father, Leio staying behind to gather herself. She needed to remind herself that she was trained for things like this. The ink markings she bore on her thighs were proof that she was one day going to need to experience the possibility of death near her. Yet, she hadn't expected that day to come so soon.

Su'leio quickly exhaled, shoulders relaxing and mind clear. She dove into the water where Uwei'lo had been circling and once she made the bond with him she had set herself to be on her way.

The girl sped quickly through the sea in search of a familiar Mauri pod, it was not hers but with how much time she spent there it might as well have been. The water had been quick yet soothing against Leio's skin, it worked as a sort of mediator for her heartbeat to stay as calm as possible as she washed up at Tsireya's home.

"Tsireya!" She called dismounting the tsurak and hopping to the bungee walkway. "Reya!" she repeated, feet stumbling over each other. Tsireya emerged from within her home and grew worried at the look in Su'leio's eyes. "Your brother took- left Lo'ak beyond the reef," she finally said.

Leio watched Tsireya's expression changeeyes widening, mouth gaping, and a gasp let out. She could only wonder if that was what she had looked like when Aonung told her the news.