celebrating new years together woo hoo!!

New Year's eve
Ena's room, 9:15 pm

"..what are you guys doing for new years?", said an enthusiastic voice over a voice call who can only be recognized as Mizuki, a member of nightcord at 25:00 and a good friend of Ena.

"I'm going to have a family dinner with my mom and dad tonight..", said Mafuyu in her usual monotone voice. Ena couldn't help but feel a little bad, knowing how her parents treat her.

"What about you kanade?", Mizuki asked. "Well, I wasn't planning on doing anything for new years besides continuing to work on our current song." Ena heard Mizuki let out an exaggerated groan before saying, "Why don't you ever take a break, kanade? If I worked all day and night like you did, I'd be exhausted!!". You could almost hear the pout she had on her face.

"I can't take breaks, if I do, I'd never find the song to save ma-", Kanade gets cut off by Ena who says, "-To save mafuyu, blah blah, we get it! Now come on, how do you expect to find that when your body won't function because of sleep deprivation?", she crosses her arms, even though the others can't see her. Kanade sighs over the call, deciding to stay quit instead of starting an argument. She mutes herself.

"Well whatever, anyways! What are you doing for new years ena?", Mizuki asks. "Well, I'm going to be-", suddenly Ena gasps, and quickly looks at the time. "Ena, what's wrong?" asks mafuyu. "I forgot I was going to meet up with someone! Sorry guys I have to go.", Ena says before exiting the call, cutting Mizuki off as they ask her who she is meeting up with.

Ena's room, 9:47 pm

Ena had promised Saki, her girlfriend, that she would meet up with her at 10 pm at an old playground Saki had mentioned to go star gazing. But of course, Ena just had to forget. She's rummaging through her closet, looking for something nice to wear while simultaneously trying to text Saki that she might be a little late.

She tried on multiple different dresses and blouses until she found a nice pink blouse with a light pink skirt and some little bow earrings that she thought matched with the outfit. (outfit from the "Unchanging Summer Festival" untrained Akito card lmao)

She quickly put everything on and sprinted to the bathroom to get her hair somewhat brushed. Once she finished, she ran back to her room to grab her bag consisting of her phone and some cash, knowing for sure Saki won't have any. Before going down the stairs to leave she yells, "Alright I'm leaving!" and Akito responded with, "Okay and don't come back!". Ena's face turned into that of an annoyed one but she quickly forgot about it and started sprinting towards the address for the playground Saki gave her.

Playground, 9:57 pm

Saki is idly sitting on the tiny seat of the swing set in the playground, kicking her feet back and forth, waiting for Ena to show up. She is wearing a denim dress with a cute purple sweater over it (outfit from the "Chatting by the Window" trained Saki card).

She looks around the playground and gets a feeling of nostalgia. She used to come here with her childhood friends, now band mates, fron leo/need to watch the stars. And now that she's able to share that experience with someone else she loves so dearly gives her a warm feeling inside. She starts smiling while watching as the first few stars of tonight appear in the night sky.

10:06 pm

Saki is removed from her train of thought at a brown haired girl was quickly approaching the playground, looking around as if to look for her. Once Ena locks eyes with Saki, Saki waves her hand high above her head and Ena starts waking toward her.

"Hi Ena!", Saki greets with a wide smile on her face. "Hey saki." Ena responds with a much less enthusiastic voice, but still with a little smile as she says it. Saki pats on the swing next to hers and Ena takes a seat on it, almost falling it the process cus of how low the seat is, obviously made for young children.