poo

A familiar scent rushed through the monotone lantern as he awoke from his handmade bed, burrowing inside of him and resting there. It smelt of some sort of meat, something that he could never really properly find on the peculiar planet.

He stumbled out of his cave and saw a plethora of smoke rising from what seemed to be fish cooking on a fire. The smoke rose into the air like a family of butterflies, gracefully taking in every inch of the space Airy was focusing on, except, of course, it wasn't butterflies.

The smoke was ugly, but it existed. It existed in a world where it was deemed so horribly, horrendously, eye-explodingly, disgustingly ugly that it was banished into the wondrous land of nothingness just as quickly as it arose. In a way, it reminded Airy of himself and the few memories he had of when, where, and how he died.

It reminded him of being only 16 years old and dying in his father's dusty, old car. It reminded him of his late mother telling him how unpleasant his father was behind closed doors. It reminded him of his nonexistent friends whom he wished were real. It reminded him of so many things at once, all of which nearly being as unwelcome as the entirety of ONE was to every contestants lives.

Just as Airy was finishing getting lost in the mysterious world of his own thoughts and poor memory, Liam noticed him standing there, just staring at the aforementioned gray fumes momentarily residing in the air. The sudden glare was enough to snap Airy out of the trance and look directly at the green backpack, before breaking eye contact and looking at the fish while fiddling with his fingers.

A tinge of disappointment rushed through Liams veins at the sight of the stranded fellow, causing him to shift uncomfortably for a moment. "Oh." Liam mumbled ever-so quietly under his breath, making Airy flinch a bit from the sudden interaction. "You're awake."

Airy directed his gaze back to the fish, seemingly ignoring what the other had said, and fiddled with his fingers, unsure of what to say. He couldnt remember much from the night before, but he knew that it had something to do with Liam. "Hi." The lantern replied under his breath, clearly timid.

"I made fish, y'know." Liam muttered while Airy slowly tred through the mud, making his way to his peer.

"Thank... you." He flashed a quick curve of the mouth to Liam, before starting to actually walk towards the fish corpse and backpack.

"Mhm. Uh." Liam coughed awkwardly, attempting to slaughter the awkward silence, to no avail.

The savory smell of the snack lingered through the woods, penetrating the natural smell and, in return, settling the lantern and backpack in a comfy enviroment.

"Uh. Do you... do you want some?? You're kinda just, uh standing th-"

"Oh. Sorr... sorry."

"Uh. Yeah."

The green backpack shifted in his stance uncomfortably and hoped that Airy would stop taking such a long time, but the lantern instead did the exact opposite of that. Instead, he took his sweet, sweet time to walk over to the cooking site and debate whether or not he actually wanted it.

"A-Are you gonna-"

Airy then picked up the makeshift knife that resided near the other and started carefully picking apart the fish, trying his best to cut it precisely to appease Liam.

"Here... you go." Airy smiled as he handed the rather small piece of cooked fish to the other, making Liam dissatisfied at the realization that not only was his kidnapper happy near him, but that his kidnapper was also serving food to him. Sure, Liam cooked it himself, but he was still skeptical of Airy at the thought of the lantern quietly slipping something into it.

Liam hesitantly took a bie out of it, earning a small but sincere grinfrom Airy. When they were both done, Airy went out to find reeds, but then quickly went to bed afterwards. This confused Liam, since Airy would usually spend hours out there.

"Uh, Airy?" He poked at Airys sides ever-so gingerly, causing the other to violently flinch in his sleep. Liam sighed and decided to just let it go for the night since both of them were tired, but made a mental note in his head to confront Airy about the happenings in the woods the next day.

[A/N- sorry that the end was kinda rushed. I felt bad for not updating in a while so uh i just hurried the process up. Uh thats it ig]