Chapter One

'The death of dear Bethany Cohen brought to the city of bethelhills much grief. It compressed any molecule of esteem the city once had, filling the citizens with much to fear and more to worry about.
A case such as disappearance was assumed rare for quite a long time ago when the city was still in the state of development. Infact, cases of intentional deaths or accidents could not be predicted, simply because the city lacked in any causes of this actions. But for the first time in decades, the least appropriate time in ever comes the tale of a disappearance.
A disappearance so strange, so alarming that it had no tracks or even the slightest of clues of evidence. No one could tell of the cause, the reason for her disappearance, and so the mark of a question was left unanswered'
***

Taking a deep breath into her system, Audrey cleared her throat and set the device away. She had read too much, known too much and somehow it felt wrong to do so.

Her heart was already beating, her fear rising as if it were a hurricane. She had not finished the cup of Latte which now positioned upright half-full on the well designed motif of the table cloth.

Her sister had walked up to the manager of the little unrated Café to issue a complaint ten minutes ago of how gross their service was-she had found a strand of hair buried within her cup of espresso-and now she returned back, her countenance still pastured with disgust and frustration.

"Can you believe this place, he literally ordered a waiter to hand me another refill with extra charges" said Abby as she slid her bottom on the seat right opposite the one Audrey sat on.

She landed the cup filled with coffee on the round table almost forcefully as though not in the mood to drink again. Audrey sat silent, her mind wandered on questions of the disappearance. She barely heard/could hear what her sister was saying, she just didn't see the use of listening to an overwhelmed issue which lacked in sense.

After a while of blabbering indirect insults to the poor service of the Café, Abby turned to her sister.

"What's the matter, Audrey. Is everything alright?" asked Abby in a tone decreased from talking.

"Everything's fine. I'm fine" muttered Audrey. Her head was down and her blonde wavy hair covered her face making it impossible to make eye contact. She couldn't tell if her sister had heard her or she had said that within her mind, but the aftermath of her sisters' expression seemed exhausted which simply meant she had heard her.

"Ok, if you say so. Get up we're running late. Mum might still be expecting the groceries"

For a second Audrey didn't respond, till Abby tapped her back and made a look which could be tagged as clear annoyance.

***
I know the story might be a little too short, but I promise you 'this is only the beginning'. If you feel as though my work is worthy enough for a vote/comment, just tap on the star below.
      👇
      🌟
                  Thank you.