Part 2

Finally, I stopped to take a breath, I looked to her. I hear screeching. "Come out, come out wherever you are..." The creature sang. I look down and pull my finger to my lips, "shhhh." She put her hand over her mouth, I picked her back up and continued to walk fast. We scurry along for a time that feels like hours. My feet are bare and bloody from rumbling around on the cold broken branches of the woodland floor. I stop to catch my breath and look back. I don't see him, but I know he's out here. Just realizing that we had run into a strange fog. I laid Rosie down and held on tight, not letting go. She starts to cry. "How could you? Momma, and dad... They are dead." I look at her, "if you would have stayed, you'd been killed too." She holds me tight as she barriers her face into my stomach, "p... Please let me..." She stutters I pet her head, "I'm scared too but we will be okay. I won't let them hurt you too."

         We have reached an old tree house, it looks ancient; it's falling apart but it's a place to hide. I put Rosie up to the broken ladder then I pulled myself up. I pray this is a good place to hide, there are miles of woods here and I can't get through them all at night. "Are you okay Lily?" My sister whispers to me, "yes, no need to worry. Lay down and get some sleep, I'll be right here okay." She knows I'm lying, ever since I launched after her when the beast was there, I've felt this stabbing pain in my back, I must have hurt something. I hear a fait breaking voice, "Lily, I'm getting." I looked over to Rosie, she was asleep, but it was her voice.

I can't go to sleep; I can still hear the screams of Josephine, my mother and my father as the lunatic took their lives. They wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for me, but I wanted everyone I love to be there for my birthday, I should have known something would go wrong. At some point my thoughts carry off and I fall into the peace of my dreams. I walk down the steps and I see everyone is dressed up and ready to go out.

 I walk down the steps and I see everyone is dressed up and ready to go out