Chapter One - A Night's Rain

It was a warm, moist morning in the land of Lavendel. A lion awoke from his chamber, his wings were broken and sore, though he was young.

He yawned and his mouth widened, showing his sharp teeth. When he was born, his mother abandoned him because his wings were useless, and he could not fly.

He flapped his wings up and down, yet not summoning them. He shook out his holy mane and now noticed vines growing from his cave wall. He looked at the entrance of his den and saw a ray of sunlight gleam down on his yellow pelt.

He walked closer to the entrance and now stopped to summon his wings. The lion opened his mouth slowly and tasted the moist surface from below the mountain. He closed his eyes. He knew that his first day of being a ground guardian wasn't going to be easy, but it may take practice and time.

He remembered just yesterday he was training to be one of his best dreams ever when he was just a small Garuda Leo cub. He closed his wings and opened his eyes, then slowly climbed down the mountain that led to his cave. Also grabbed his bag as he went out of the entrance.

While he was climbing, he noticed several other dens nearby and some other animals in Lavendel.

After a few paw steps of climbing down, he got to solid ground, the grass was wet from the night's rain and the clouds were clumped, but not blocking the sun. The clouds were gray, promising more rain.

"Hello Leverd!" Purred a brown tabby cat as the male drew closer to the marketplace. The tabby held a leather purse in her mouth and two little kittens played beside her.

Levered nodded and replied, "Hello Hannah," Then he added, as the kittens noticed him, "Hello Willson and Clifford." He smiled warmly and the kittens smiled back pleasingly. "Good morning, Mr. Leverd!" He heard the black kitten, Clifford, call.
He went on, he didn't want to even question things about the mother cat. Cats in Lavendel used potion making, they had the ability to do witchcraft, in Lavendel, they were called Sage Catus.

The Garuda Leo wished that he was a Sage Catus, yet he can't change himself because he was him. He always wished he could be the cat's because he can make his siblings disappear, by using the unseen potion. But his siblings already were in their own land in Lavendel.

Levered passed by several shops, saying, "Get your fresh Ponbalade! Right here only for 25 coins!" or, "Best brewing store, right now! Selling for 20% off!"

Just then he realized he hadn't eaten breakfast. He went to the fruit stand, with the new Ponbalade. He quickly noticed he had a couple of coins inside of his bag.

He noticed it was a zebra, in Lavendel, zebras were named Zeke Quagga, the Zeke snorted happily, "Well, Guarda Leo, what can I do for you?" The Zeke wore a leather cap and had a long, shaggy mane and his ankles were fluffy and long.

"I would like to have one of your best Ponbalades." Levered grabbed out 50 cents from his bag, he held it with one of his sharp teeth and placed it on the counter of the stand. "Ah! Good fellow, good fellow." Smiled the Zeke and nudged the coin close. Then place it somewhere Leverd cannot see. Next, the Zeke nudged a green, round fruit from a nearby woven basket with at least four or five Ponbalades inside. 

"There you are, good sir." The Zeke huffed after he nudged the Ponbalade close to Leverd, "Thank you." The lion nodded and rolled the Ponbalade inside of his bag with his massive paw.

Leverd left the stand and continued his way to the entrance gate of Lavendel.