Start of a new chapter

(I accidentally deleted all my local data, so I don't have any of the fanart or memes I had saved. So I can't add a chapter cover right now. Well, I can. But I'd have to go look for it and I'm lazy. Anyway, it's kinda sad, but at least I didn't lose anything important.)

They always woke up early. Sometimes too early or in the middle of the night. Not to mention, Y/N was a light sleeper around people.

It had happened before that they had slept through storms but woke up at the sound of footsteps. So it was no surprise that they would wake just after sunrise to the sunlight shining through a gap in the curtains.

As well as the warm-hued light from outside, Zim's pak had a dim glow, casting a soft pink-ish gleam over the unusual scene.

It was strange seeing Zim so relaxed. He was usually so passionate and full of dedication with his endless supply of energy and unwavering confidence. But here, he was so calm. A smile still ghosted his face from when he lay down with them.

Low rumbling echoed lightly in his chest, almost like a soft thunder. The sound accompanied the quiet clicks and chirps.

Calm as he seemed, he still clung to them tightly. But he held them with the utmost care and respect. He was careful. Though his hands were more akin to claws, he never hurt them. It seemed as if he thought they'd disappear if he ever let go.

Now and then, through soft exhales, he'd mumble against their skin, nuzzling into their neck.

"... Mine..." They could feel Zim's antennae tap on their face. "My human... Love."