𝑽𝑼𝑳𝑻𝑼𝑺

⸺ 𝑽𝑼𝑳𝑻𝑼𝑺 ↴

appearance or look

in which we take a look into the life of our leading lady

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋 glittered high above the treacherous mountains of Endovier, a lure that brought false hope and promise to those that dared to dream of a better life, a better world.

The residents of the mountain and city slept peacefully through the night, unaware of the thief that sat within its horrid halls. Bones rested beneath her, each ligament speaking different tales as devastating as the last. A waste-filled hole sat in the corner of the room, the smell of bodily fluids and blood purging the air. She covered her nose with the back of her hand, counting down in a sad attempt to steady her beating heart that roared against her ears.

Eight soldiers walking, seven soldiers sleeping, six soldiers napping, five, four...

She felt sick as harsh silence cloaked the long room. The hall housed a total of sixteen cells, a resting place for those the crown had discarded after their savage beating. Most of the cells were empty that night and she couldn't help her grin. 

They'd dragged her, kicking and screaming as she gnashed her teeth in outrage. She was thrown in one of the empty cells, the iron bars bolted shut behind her. Her hands had been bound behind her back, but they hadn't chained her to anything — a mistake she would take advantage of.

Scooting across the floor, she maneuvered her torso away from a resting skeleton that had been shoveled beneath dirt and mud. Praying for forgiveness to whatever or whoever was listening, her hands began to move across the once body. She gagged in disgust before gritting her teeth. In a solid motion, she snapped a finger from the rest of its tendon.

Keeping her breathing restrained, she fiddled with the bone and chains, the metal clinking together until —

click!

Iron chains dropped to the dirt floor. Her wrists were red, the skin peeling like one of her horrid nightmares. She had to look away.