15. splitting up

"Shot?" Dale asked once the group returned to the highway, after explaining what happened, "What do you mean shot?"

"I don't know, Dale. I wasn't there" Glenn replied, "All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori"

"You let her?" Dale turned to Daryl.

"Climb down out of my ass, old man. Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name and Carl's" Daryl shot back.

"I heard screams. Was that you?" Dale asked Andrea.

"She got attacked by a walker. It was a close call" Glenn answered as Andrea walked away towards the RV, ignoring Dale's question.

"Andrea, are you all right?" Dale called out to her.

She turns and faces him, shakes her head, before entering into the RV. Katherine walked towards one of the abandoned cars close by, and jumped to sit on the hood, her knees to her chest. She had to see for herself that Harlow was okay. She wanted to get off this highway, preferably before it gets too dark, and see her sister.

When it came to making a plan, Carol wasn't ready to leave yet, "I won't do it. We just can't leave" Carol said.

"Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak" Dale told her.

"What if she comes back and we're not here?" Carol asked, " It could happen"

"If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful" Andrea said.

"Okay" Daryl nodded, "We got to plan for this. I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll stay here tonight, stay with the RV"

"If the RV is staying, I am too," Dale stated.

"Thank you. Thank you both" Carol said.

"I'm in," Andrea added.

"Well, if you're all staying, then I'm–" Glen starts.

"Not you Glenn. You're going" Dale said, "Take Carol's Cherokee"

"Me? Why is it always–" Glenn shot back.

"He'll go. Because I'm going too. Harlow's there and I just– I need to see her" Katherine cut him off.

"You two need to find this farm, reconnect with our people and see what's going on" Dale told them, "But most important, you have to get T-Dog there. This is not an option. That cut has gone from bad to worse. He has a very serious blood infection. Get him to that farm. See if they have any antibiotics. Because if not, T-Dog will die, no joke"

Daryl was rummaging through his bag on his bike, before he pulled out a plastic zip lock bag and a rag, throwing it at Dale, "Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle. Why'd you wait till now to say anything? Got my brother's stash. Crystal, X. Don't need that. Got some kick ass painkillers" he threw the bottle to Glenn, "Oxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. It's first class. Merle got the clap on occasion"

"Looks like Merle was worth something in the end" Katherine said quietly, so no one other than Glenn who was beside her heard, he quietly laughed too.

"Well, if you're going, go now" Dale insisted.

"Kat, can you drive?" Glenn asked, "I gotta sit in the back with T-Dog"

Katherine nodded, "I know how to drive"

"Good" he replied, as the two, Glenn supporting T-Dog, walked towards Carol's car.

Katherine had her foot on the gas the entire ride there, Glenn was telling her to go easy on the peddle, she of course didn't listen and insisted they had to get there, fast.

"Kat, you said you knew how to drive" Glenn shouted at her.

"I do, just not well" she shouted back. When they reached the Greene farm, Katherine pulled the brake's, skidding on the grass, Glenn and T-Dog letting out sighs of relief.

"You are never driving again," Glenn told her, as the trio got out of the car.

They stopped outside the porch, unsure of what to do now. It felt weird just ringing the doorbell, but they also couldn't just stand out here all night.  "So, do we ring the bell" Glenn asked, "I mean, it looks like people live here"

"People do live here. The crazy horse wielding bat girl" Katherine retorted, "Besides, it's the end of the world. I don't think they'll mind"

"I have a name, you know" the girl commented.

Katherine turned to see the girl that took Lori, sitting on the porch, "Sorry" she apologized.

"You're Katherine, right?" she asked the young girl. Katherine nodded, confused how she knew her name, "Your sister's inside, you can go in" she nodded.

Katherine looked at Glenn for a moment, he gave her a small nod and Katherine ran inside, "Harlow?" she called out.

"Katty?" Harlow replied, Katherine walked into the living room to see Harlow sitting on the couch, with a beautiful blonde girl that looked about Katherine's age. Harlow leaped off the couch and ran into her sister's arms and immediately burst into tears, "Carl was shot," she cried.

"I know, I know" Katherine tried hushing her, "Are you okay?"

Harlow nodded, "Just scared"

Katherine James hugged her sister so tight that night, she never wanted to let go. She looked at the blonde girl, who still sat on the couch, watching the sisters, she looked at Katherine and smiled, Katherine returned her smile.

__

AND THEY MET! It was only brief, but my girlfriends met!!

I'm so excited to write Katherine and Beth's relationship, you have no idea.