Sonder

As I walk through the dark streets, I find myself drowning in the darkness that lay beyond me. For some reason, I am not terrified but eager. Eager for the darkness to swallow me whole and make me disappear forever. So I walk towards it. I keep walking until I hear footsteps behind me. I don't look back because I don't like companions. So we both walk in sheer silence. I feel irritated by the extra noise, so I turn around. I look back to find a dog following me. Strange, I'm pretty sure I felt someone walking behind me. Well, fortunately it's a dog. ''Are you alone as well?''......  ''Nevermind, it's not like you're going to talk anyway.'' Sigh. I want to walk further but I decide this much is okay for today. It's time to snap back to reality.

''Bblurpbople.........*gasp''. I get out of the schools swimming pool. I check the time. 5:24 am. It's freezing cold in the morning. So cold that I feel like I'll break like glass if I apply a tiny bit of pressure. I finish packing up, change my clothes and go towards the hallway. I walk towards the classroom labelled 7T. I walk inside, set everything clean and get to my place. I take out the math book and start going over the review questions for the day. Few hours later, noises can be heard through the hallways. Different students start arriving at different time intervals. As I finish one subject I move on to the next and try to do as many questions I can. As I finish each one I gather a feeling of boredom. I decide to take a break and look around me. Almost every student is here. I get up and go outside to grab a snack. On my way I spot the Math Teacher. I try to hide my face but he sees me anyway. ''Goodmorning sir'' I say as loudly as I can but I sound like a squirrel. ''Goodmorning'' he booms over. He smiles at me and goes on his way. I feel goosebumps at the back of my spine. It's not everyday I get the feeling to go around and greet people. I continue on my way to the snack canteen. I put my hands in my pocket to try and feel my wallet in my hands. Unfortunately, I just realized that I had forgotten my wallet in my bag. ''Hey, the teacher needs some help in the auditorium'' Someone tells me. I go towards the auditorium. ''Can you put these on the railings dear'' the teacher suddenly asks me. I grab whatever it was and climb the stairs to the top railings. I start feeling weird. It's starts with my stomach feeling empty. I get the decor and start putting it around the railing. I start perspiring weirdly. I start feeling nervous. I feel my mouth getting dry. I look forward and see the dog that I had dreamt about. Suddenly, the world starts getting blurry and from the corners of my eye, everything starts engulfing itself in darkness until I can't see no more.

I wonder, what made me this way.