1

Hi! My name is Alison! I'm 22 years old and a theatre girl. This is my story about becoming Fiona in Shrek the Musical.

Ok. I'm sitting in the waiting room to hear about my callbacks. I had just auditioned for Fiona in Shrek this past week at the Dallas Texas Community Theater. I sang Show Off from Drowsy Chaperone for my audition song, and learned a dance routine for Morning Person. I was so ready to win my dream role!

I nervously sat with my leg lightly bouncing up and down. When I saw the director walk out of the door to the theatre. "Can everyone come in the theater please?" We stood up and walked in the large auditorium and sat down in the audience. "Ok. We have decided to let our top picks for each role stand and sing one part of their songs all together. If you aren't called, you made it in the ensemble. Sorry." He went down a list of Shreks, Donkeys, and Farquads. When he finally made it to the Fionas, I closed my eyes and hoped silently for this opportunity to sing on the stage today. "Kara, Lindsay, Laura, Ann, and Alison." I opened my eyes nd almost cried. My dream role. I'm almost there, I thought.

We each sang apart of Mornig Person and a little girl sang the "cheep cheep cheep"s. She was adorable.

"The cast list will be posted online soon so look out for that and we'll see you next friday at our first rehearsal." the directer said

I went home to my roommate Lily a theatre major with me at Texas University. We sat on the couch and watched a live proshot of Jesus Christ superstar. I opened my laptop and went to the teaters website and looked at the castlist and it was posted! I got Fiona, while my best friend, Charlie landed the role of Shrek. Oh gosh. This was scary.

I looked at my name one more time and couldn't help but squeal. I was going to play Fiona in May.

💚✨

Hi there, I hope you like my story! I'm princessfiona_ nice to meet you! Keep checking in on me I'll post more soon. Byeeeeeee!!!

Vote comment and follow. love, Fiona!