Chapter 12

Madara blinked his Mangekyou away as he woke up. He must have been sitting there for a while, he thought to himself as he stretched, a few joints cracking and popping as he grunted. It was already dark out.

Naruto suddenly rolled over so that his head was on Madara's thigh and released a soft sigh as he eased into a peaceful sleep.

Madara smiled softly at the cute blonde before a frown took over his features. The fox had answered almost everything and confirmed his suspicions. Now he understood why Naruto was seemingly playing hard to get. He didn't even know how to 'play' in the first place and that seriously irritated Madara.

Long fingers found themselves buries in the soft blonde locks as Madara turned his eyes to the sky. He would just have to teach Naruto what love was. Maybe he could have Izuna help explain it to him? After all, the nine tails did say that Izuna was Naruto's first real friend.

One of his fingers trailed down Naruto's whiskered cheek to the corner of his lips.

Maybe one day he would get to taste those pink lips. When that day comes he would be the happiest man alive...until they got married, hehehe...

'My jinchuriki might be dense at the best of times and completely oblivious at the worst but I am not...'

Drat. The fox was right. Madara sighed at his own misfortune as his hand fell back to his side. The blonde is still not going to make it easy no matter how many hints he dropped...

Madara carefully adjusted Naruto before laying beside him and closing his eyes. Maybe morning will be better.

Chirping woke Naruto up. The first thing he realized was that he had an arm around his waist and another arm for a pillow and froze. This was way closer than Madara had ever gotten to him and it almost felt...nice.

No. This is the same man that had ruined your entire life. A voice whispered in his head.

But he isn't really. He is not the same man. Everything that has happened has not happened yet so I have no need to fear him as much as I do. He argued.

You really think anybody could love you? You are just a demon who couldn't even do one simple job!' This time the voice sounded suspiciously like Sakura when she yelled at him about not bringing back her precious Sasuke.

Naruto whimpered only to feel the arm over his waist tighten and to feel his head pushed into the solid chest he was against.

"You are safe now Naruto. I won't let anything happen to you." Madara rumbled quietly, having been woken because of the whimper. Naruto just nodded, not trusting his voice. "Do you want to get going or do you want to stay for a while?"

"We- we can stay like this for a while." Naruto whispered, putting a trembling hand on Madara's warm chest. Everything is so confusing.

'Kit. You love him.' Kurama sounded resigned.

'Kurama? What is love?'

I know, I know. This chapter was rather short but I should have another chapter posted hopefully within a few days. For now I hope you continue to enjoy my book.