Chapter 14

"MADARA!"

Naruto whipped his head around, searching for the familiar voice. His clear blue eyes landed on two painfully familiar figures.

Both of whom he thought was dead.

"Neji? Shikamaru?" He whispered, mouth going dry. "H-How?"

Madara frowned, not liking how pale Naruto had gotten, and scowled at the two people who called his name.

Rei sighed. "We agreed that there would be no issues." His voice held a warning. Uzumaki's, believe it or not, were famous for their research into time jutsu. Of course no one knew that...

Neji and Shikamaru paled, before noticing the state of their Hokage. Naruto had his hands in his hair and was hyperventilating and not even Kurama could calm him down. "No, no, no, no! You died protecting me and Shika- Shika died relaying critical information! Zetsu! He must have something to do with this, it is not possible otherwise! I-" Naruto inhaled, eyes wide as he tried to make sense of something that wasn't making sense. He had just gotten comfortable in this time and now this.

He froze as arms wrapped themselves tightly around him. Madara glared at the two that his blonde called Neji and Shikamaru before glancing down at the frozen blonde. Rei was standing a few feet away in case the Uchiha need assistance with the unfamiliar jinchuriki. "Naruto, calm down. They are real. Their chakra is not the same so it could not be a clone." Madara tried to reason.

"Zetsu can mimick a person's physical and chakra appearance. There could be no other explanation." Naruto denied, still freaking out.

Rei decided to help out. The Uzumaki had seals in place so nobody can deceive the clan, but in order to give the blonde Uzumaki some peace of mind he turned to his two guests. "Tell him something only the two of you would know."

Neji thought about it for a minute before stepping forward. He stopped though when he seen Madara move Naruto behind him protectively with Sharingan activated. "Naruto. In the genin exams, you told me that my fate was not set in stone. You were so mad that I hurt Hinata-sama for no reason other than my own petty anger that you had created hundreds of clones to pick out my weak spot and nothing I could would stop you." Naruto peaked around Madara at him, looking almost like a small innocent child instead of the nine tails jinchuriki that was so crucial to the war.

Shikarmaru sighed when the blue eyes landed on him. "Troublesome blonde." Shikamaru smirked. "We would play shogi once a week after training had finished. In the lush Cave with bioluminescent algae and underground waterfall to relax after the stress your team put you through."

Naruto's eyes widened as his hand dropped from Madara's shirt. He took a step back.

Madara looked at him, waiting for his judgment. "Are they the real people?" He muttered, Mangekyou blazing as he eyed them out of the corner of his eye. They shifted a little, remembering exactly how strong he was.

"I- I don't belive it. How?" Naruto darted forward as they both opened their arms in a hug.

"Some guy with horns showed up as I died and next thing I know, I was waking up here. I have been here for two months already and the Uzumaki know everything about what has been going on." Neji explained, Byakugan eyeing the Uchiha who was standing tensed next to Rei.

"Same, however I have been here for six months." Shikamaru nodded. "Hashirama Senju is supposed to be here in a week to see if we can work something out between the Senju and Uchiha." He looked suspiciously at Naruto. "Speaking of, why are you with him?" He practically spit that last part out and Naruto winced.

"That is a long story." He muttered, moving back over to stand slightly behind Madara.

"Something that could be shared over dinner I hope." Rei looked up at the sky, bringing their attention to the fact that the sun was setting. "Let's eat, shall we?"