Ch. 2: Silver and Gold

After some struggling, Melody and Dan finally arrive at the store to begin shopping.

Dan: You can come in with me. Just make sure you keep your head down.

Melody slowly got out of the car and brushed herself.

Melody: I'll keep that in mind.

The two went inside the store and took a look around. At the toys section Dan see a teddy bear lying on the shelf. He touches the teddy bear and gets a flashback of his brother dying from his injuries in front of him after saving the children from a fire inside a church. It could be one of the teddy bears he was given as a child. Melody looked over at him and tapped his shoulder.

Melody: Hey. Is everything alright.

Dan lies his way out of the conversation.

Dan: Yes. Yes, I'm fine. I need to find Christmas decorations. Oh, I forgot. A tree.

The two went around the store to look for decorations.

(Timeskip)

After some time was spent inside the store, Dan and Melody put the stuff in the car and went back. Once they got back, Dan tells her to get out of his car.

Dan: Out of the car.

Melody slowly got out of the car and looked over at Dan.

Melody: Where are you going?

Dan: Babysitting. You should be off delivering cookies by now.

He then drove off on his way to pick up his cousin, leaving Melody behind.

(Timeskip)

Melody had already begun decorating the house. Dan and his cousin Luke arrived and see the decorations. Dan quickly went out of the car and looked for Melody.

Dan: Melody! What is the meaning of this!?

Melody quickly looked over and waved at them before jumping off the rooftop.

Melody: I just thought I could be a use of help.

Dan: But... you... I thought I told you to stay away!

Melody: Wait, you live here?

Dan: No! I rented this place just so I can relax peacefully!

Luke went out of the car and walked over to the two adults.

Luke: Dan. Who's this?

Dan: A trespasser.

Melody: Hey there, little kid! My name's Melody! And you are?

Luke extends his hand.

Luke: Luke.

She shook his hand and looked back at Dan.

Dan: Look, Melody. I'm busy. I can do all of this myself. Can you please get the hell out of here before I get in trouble?

Luke looked up at his older cousin and reasons with him.

Luke: Why do you want her to go away?

Dan looked down at him and crossed his arms.

Dan: She's a nuisance. She doesn't belong here. I don't want to see her again tomorrow or any other day.

Luke: Dan, look at how you're acting! She's only trying to help you! Do you want to be on Santa's naughty list?

Dan took some time to think about it and gives in to his cousin's demand.