one

"hi, Zoe! that the last of your stuff?" Georgia said.

"yes. oh beck, be careful!"

"no, it's fine. I'm used to carrying boxes like this." beck, my boyfriend of three years said.

"so you're beck? I'm Georgia. nice to meet you." she cheered. beck shook her hand.

"did you tell her about me?" he whispered.

"it came up in conversation a week or two ago." I said, smiling at him. he chuckled and kissed me. I was about to kiss him back but I heard someone shuffle. it was dad.

"don't mind me, just lifting all of your stuff in, Zoe." he said, having a box in his hand.

"sorry dad. Georgia, which room is mine?" I asked her.

"the spare room." she answered. I smiled at her and went upstairs. beck followed me like a lost puppy. I met ginny upstairs.

"hi, ginny.' I said. she just rolled her eyes and walked away. I watched as she made eye contact with beck.

"this room is so cute." I said. I flopped on my bed and sighed.

"what's wrong?" beck asked, sitting beside me.

"well, I feel like everything is different but the same. all we've done is move, but I feel new."

"do you think it'll be weird... y'know.. having a mother figure around again?"

it took me some time to answer.

"yeah. but I know Georgia will be kind. she always is. it's ginny I'm scared of. she keeps blanking me and I don't like it."  I said. we stayed in silence for a while. I was falling asleep.

"hey, hey, don't go to sleep. I'm going now. wanna come with me?" he said.

"are you asking me to walk you home?"

"I might be."

"well, beck oliver, I sure will walk you home."

2 hours later...

I sat in the sitting room on my phone. I was looking through Instagram. ginny walked through the room and threw me some off looks.

me and ginny were friends, since beck and hunter are friends, so we're not strangers. I hang out with her and her friends often. I love those girls.

"hi, ginny." I said. she looked at me.

"hey zoe. how was moving in?" she sneered.

"I was only trying to be nice!" I snapped. I felt my cheeks heating up but I looked away from her.

soon enough, I was back in my room, in the corner, thinking.

why didn't ginny like me all of a sudden? did I do something? was it me?

I have a feeling it's something to do with her mom and my dad's engagement. she's completely off about it. I don't know.

I heard a knock at my door.

"hello?" I said. dad popped in the door.

"hey, are you okay? just checking." he asked.

"yeah, yeah I'm fine. why?" I asked him back.

"I overheard a bit of earlier. ginny is just going through things right now.''

"I know dad. but we used to be fine, and now she's different towards me."

"I know, I know, just give it time. goodnight." he said, kissing my head. I sighed when he left and got into bed.

                              beck🫶🏻
b:
heyy

z:
hiii

b:
how's life in the new home?

z:
meh.

b:
awh. miss u rn ngl.

z:
you'll see me tmrw in school dw.

b:
true, gn zoozoo 🤍

z:
gn, beckbeck🤍

with that, I fell asleep, awaiting school.