As long as time exists

The perfect weather with cloudless sky and the warmth of the sun's rays pleasantly dispersing on his exposed skin, extremely irritated the blond-haired boy sitting on the floor. In front of his bare feet lay a series of rectangular cards whose fate, due to their close presence, was at least uncertain.

Will they be able to survive the collision with the speeding foot when its owner decides to take this step?

- Your turn - the long-haired boy said.

The sound reached the addressee's ears, but the content of the statement was not processed correctly. His mind was working now in a different mode.

- Mikey! - he called out, leaning toward him to increase the chances that he would hear him.

- What? - Mikey growled, turning his irritated gaze on him.

- We're in the middle of a game, focus - he replied, unmoved by his grumpy attitude.

The lasting stillness that Mikey now presented so persistently, forced Baji to try again.

- What's the matter with you? It's your turn, roll the damn dice!

- Baji-san... - said the boy sitting next to him, whose light hair fell gently over his eyes as he hesitated before touching Baji's arm and in the end withdrew his hand.

Patience, we'll be alone soon - Chifuyu thought, making his face blush.

- I don't give a shit about this stupid game - Mikey huffed, standing up suddenly.

The row of cards remained untouched.

- You've got to be kidding me - Baji didn't believe it, watching him move towards the exit. - Mikey! Where will you go? Draken's not available, so...

- I'm going home - Mikey said, interrupting him, and left the room before any comment from his friend could reach his ears.

As soon as his feet stepped onto the heated sidewalk, the sun's rays collided with his body, reminding him why they were at the top of his list of mortal enemies this very day.

Cursing quietly under his breath, he kicked a nearby stone and despite what he had said a moment ago, set off down the narrow sidewalk, heading in the opposite direction of the escape target mentioned in his anger - the house.

Having reached his destination, he sat down on a nearby wall, just before the entrance to the tall building, and resting his elbows on his thighs, hung his head. He knew that he was behaving immaturely, that he had no right to be angry with him, much less expect him to follow his wishes. Awareness of this - didn't help. He couldn't suppress the anger that grew inside him whenever these unwanted images were projected before his closed eyes.

He felt the entire universe working against him, moving and creating conditions that made this Saturday afternoon the warmest day of this rainy September so far.

Completely unexpectedly, another, very different thought struck him.

What if the weather wasn't good? If staying outside the walls of the house, was prevented by unfriendly weather conditions? Of the two evils, would the...

His feverish thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a familiar pair of shoes that stopped in his line of sight.

- What are you doing here, Mikey?

Turning his head slightly, Mikey looked at him, pretending indifference with his eyes. A blond braid fell over his right shoulder, and a single strand encircled a face whose features had for some time now been arousing emotions in Mikey that were not necessarily suitable for their current relationship.