17.

"Dad, guess what?" I told my dad, completely cutting off what he was talking about

You know those situations when you call someone to tell them something important but the start talking about something else.

"What?" He asked, defeatedly, knowing we weren't going to talk at grill settings for the next week at least.

"We we're able to raise a total of about $21,000 for women in stem!" I screeched, jumping up and down in circles.

Almost a week later, ask the girls for an email explaining the results from the fundraiser and I was overly proof of nurses. They also shared the names and contacts of women in stem in need so we can give them personal help as needed.

"Really?" He questioned, sounding like he wasn't believing me.

"That's just in monetary donations and sponsors," I added, trying to get him to be as mind blown and exciting as me.

"Your kidding?" He showed, feeding me the reaction I wanted.

"We are able to pay for 18 people's books, supply 45 people with dorm supplies, and 26 people with a full 5 outfit wardrobe from clothes, shoes, underwear, and that good stuff." I added, opening the email so I could read everything off exactly.

"That's,"-

"And she sent this nice care package situation with a thank you note in it. It had food, gift cards, and some other stuff but I already used it. Most importantly I got a strawberry pound cake candle." I said proudly, hugging my prized possession.

I flat out refuse to pay $30 for this candle but I will catch a sale and it's always on my Christmas list.

"That's nice." He said brilliantly, not getting the hype over the candle.

"I love it!" I exclaimed before collapsing backwards on my bed, being consumed by the fragrances of strawberry poundcake goodness.

I couldn't literally get high of this.

"Did they get the stuff I sent?" He questioned rolling his eyes at me. 

Just like that, I forgot he was on FaceTime. I would've fooled around and got comfortable.

"Yeah, mom should be getting a box soon. You got one but I kinda wanted what was in your box." I told him quickly, hoping he wouldn't catch it.

"We're you ever going to ask?" He asked me, pretending to be offended.

"Well I wasn't planning on telling." I told him truthfully, realizing if I hadn't have said anything he wouldn't have known .

"I'm kidding." I added, backtracking when I realized he hasn't responded.

"Lord help me. Anyway, you need to call both of your brothers before they get their ass whooping off the century." He told me casually, catching me completely off guard.