chapter 2

Thomas grinned at me and I grinned back.

Just before I could continue the conversation, the bus stopped. I glanced out the window. We were already in school.

Time check.10.45am. I rushed down the bus. "Hey Thomas. See you there at the audition!" I said before running towards the hall.

I dashed into the grand auditorium,breathing heavily as I sat down to wait for my turn. A lady with sky blue eyes came up to me and asked for my name.

"Hey pretty. What's your name and class?"

"I'm Taylor Swift!" I smiled warmly at her.

"What will you be performing later at the audition?"

"I'll be playing my guitar and singing this song i wrote a few years back."

"Sounds nice! Wish you all the best for later!"
She winked at me.

I grinned.

A few minutes later, the same lady called for my name and i shuffled into the room.

There were 4 teachers and a few students in the room,all seated in silence. The lady sitting nearest to the left smiled quickly at me and asked,"Hey Taylor, Please pick an instrument at the side and you may start any time you want." The teachers took out their pens,ready to write.

Woah,this feels like some kind of exam.

I walked to the other end of the room and looked around at the shiny instuments that were spread on the floor. I picked up the sparkly blue guitar and went back to my seat.

"Um i'lll be starting now.."I mumbled.

I cleared my throat and did a sound check before I started singing. Somehow, Thomas's face appeared in my mind and instead of singing 'Tim Macgraw', I started strumming to 'Jump then fall'.

"I like the way you sound in the morning
we're on the phone without a warning
i realised your laugh is the best sound i have ever heard
I like the way I can't keep my focus
I watched you talk,you didn't notice
I hear the words and all I can think is we should be together..."

After singing through the whole song,I took a bow and returned the guitar back to its original place.

The teachers smiled at one another in delight.
"Taylor Alison Swift. You have successfully passed the audition.We'll let you know once the timing for rehearsal is confirmed.Thank you so much for coming down today!Oh and,I have to admit,You have one of the loveliest voice ever."

I chuckled and thanked the teachers profusely as I walked out the room.

"Hey Taylor." A voice called out to me as I turned around.

It was Thomas Sangster.

I waved and advanced towards him. "Hey Thomas!"

Thomas introduced me to his band mates as they shook hands with me.

"We heard you sing just now and just saying,are you secretly a singer or a songwriter?" Thomas's friend,Trevor teased.

I blushed and shook my head.

"Nice meeting you,Taylor! We should meet up for lunch sometime and catch up,you know!Gotta go soon!See you around babe!" Ricky smiled at me.

"Nice meeting you too and yeah!sure!" I giggled.

Before they walked into the audition room,Thomas came up to mewith a pen.

"Hey Tay, can I have your number? I may or may not contact you for personal reasons." He winked shyly at me.

I let out a laugh and took the pen and wrote my number on his left hand. His skin was so fucking smooth.

"Thanks!I'll....see you around!" He muttered shyly and walked into the room.

Part of me wished that he was mine.

But that was impossible.

I grabbed my schoolbag and walked out of the hall,giggling to myself,daydreaming about thomas fucking sangster