CHAPTER ONE.

CHAPTER ONE

Glimpse of the horizon revealing it misty and mysterious as the pasty pale brisk fog rolled in-- silent and stealthy. Ralph shuddered slightly from the thick tingly chill that roamed in the air.

He glanced back at the tumbledown scruffy orphanage-- resting in the hefty grasp of the stuffy fog. Ralph had to squint his eyes to properly see the unusual patterns coating the ragged unkept building.

'Hm.' He hummed-- barley audible to himself due to the increasing wind surging through the dense waft.

'what are you doing.' A sharp piercing snapped-- crashing Ralph out of his wary thoughts 'I- i just needed some fresh air.' The blonde tanned boy stammered-- unable to grasp nor pull out the right words.

The lady was tall and slim-- lengthy bony fingers-- raven black uneven cut hair and a darkening glare-- that made everyone shudder and hold their bodies close-- feeling the coldness travel through her eerie scowl.

'get back inside before you get frostbite-- or some silly disease you disgusting off-springs get.' The sharp bony women rasped-- as her thick jet black hair flowed through the wind--like a thin paperbag-- just like her elegant dark violent dress-- like it was dancing through the wind.

'right--yeah...' Ralph babbled-- running a wobbly uneasy rudy tanned hand through his tawny glonde mop of hair.

//

Ralph flopped down onto his creaky--pliable bed-- a small dodgy patch cloaked in a faded bronze stain 'whats wrong with you blondie?' A pitched voice asked from the other side of the room-- Ralph had recognised it as Jack Merridew's-- the tall lanky ginger boy who he kissed ONCE! On that dense island.

Ralph listened silently to the creeping footsteps until they came to a hault and everything fell dead mute.

'nothing.'