Chapter 2: Back to the Present

Alright now that we have where I came from established I would like to reintroduce myself. Hi, I'm Maddy I am 21 years old, I have 2 dogs and I just recently started going to college. My mother worries sick and my dad pretty much disappeared on us, but whenever I reach out he always makes sure to remind me how important I am. (In case you were wondering, its not very much.) Honestly, I don't mind much anymore its more so that sickening reminder every birthday or holiday that stings that much more.
  Thankfully I don't have time to think about it after I opened my hair salon, it fills most of my days, and the evenings are for Owen and I to cuddle up to a movie or take a hike in the woods behind our house. Everyday he reminds me of my worth and tells me I am the best thing that has happned to him and these things are sometimes triggering to me because I am only used to hearing the negatives about myself and my self image, so to me this is new territory.
  Somehow it seems as though Owen falls more in love with me the more he sees me "naked" so to speak, and not in the way you are thinking clothes off, exposed... No I mean emotionally vulnerable and crying about something you remembered and realized thats why you flinch. He loves me even in the moments I don't recognize myself, and he supports me through every break down the best he can and I couldn't be more thankful.
  Owen came into my life when I was nothing more than a broken mess who was couch surfing, had a terrible attitude and didn't know what was going on half the time. I guess it was a mix of my father disowning me, my grandma passing away and a series of other unfortunate events that tried to take me down.     Somewhere in that mix I think I became cold and untrusting and ended up putting myself in a bubble. I didn't want to be hurt again. But Owen came in and he made me see that not everyone would make you feel like that, he is so different than anyone I have met, what an adjustment it has been to be treated as well as I am.
  Some days I wonder what it will be like to have my business out there in the public eye, I often worry about backlash from others.. hatred maybe? I know there is no reason for it but it's always there. I pride myself in keeping my customers and employees happy and making sure that I always make time to appreciate what I'm doing, I take my time and send everyone home with a smile...
  Some days as hard as you try and as nice as you are  that ONE customer who tries to ruin everyone's day for the smallest of things will show up and test your patience. As hard as I try to ignore it and "brush it off" so to say, it angers a part of me so deeply for reasons I have yet to uncover, the more I try to control it the more it takes over. That's the big family mystery.. well at least that's what I blame it on, I have no evidence for sure and everyone calls me crazy, but I know it has to be the only answer.