Chapter 2 part 1

[Commander's Point Of View]

Rapi , Anis , and I have arrived back at the ark. I brought Marian's Machine gun with me since she's no longer able to use it . . .

I stood in an elevator with Anis and Rapi . . . Quietly I stare at the wall

Anis broke the silence . . .

Anish: Shifty . . . How did this happened to Marian.?

Shifty: That corruption code implanted into Marian's brain acting as a navigator, it must be . . . It guides Nikkes to the Blacksmith's location. That way they're having their 'food' delivered straight to them

Anis: She was normal before she went haywire

Shifty: That is . . . Probably because of the Commander . A Nikke's highest priority is protecting their commander and obeying any orders given. Her priorities were shifted out of order that the problem of corruption started when she met the Commander. She was completely defenseless when in close proximity to the Blacksmith. That means the corruption became severe.

"When did it start . . ? When was she first corrupted?"

Rapi: When did it start . . ? When was she first corrupted?

Shifty: ...During the operation I suppose .

Rapi: You said she was the one that sabotaged the transport ship, right? She must have already been corrupted at that point. And that transport ship came from the Ark.

Shifty: !! . . . Were the Aegis Barriers broken?

Rapi: No, the Aegis Barriers are strong. They'd pick up any corruption in an instant.

Anis: What are you trying to say Rapi?

Rapi:...

"We should talk of this later..."

Rapi and Anis:Roger.

[Timeskip]

Shifty: Commander Y/N , Nikke Anis and Nikke Rapi Deputy Chief has called you in

"Let us go."

While we were walking our way to where we were called to go to Anis said something on the way

Anis: Not this again . . .

Rapi: What?

Anis: Few of us and yet we managed to take down a Blacksmith . ! Simply astonishing! We'll keep fighting , as their loyal and most subservient of all government lapdogs..! It's the same ol'routine.

"...Let's get the meeting over with..."

Anis: Agreed . The sooner we go, the sooner we leave.

"They told us to arrive armed"

Rapi: ...

Anis: Really? What an odd request...

We arrived where we are going to meet with the Deputy Chief . . .

Anderson: You have arrived, so nice to meet you all

Anderson: You have arrived, so nice to meet you all. I am Anderson, Deputy Chief of the Central Government Command.

Anderson: We can dispense with the formalities. Address me however you wish.

"What brings us here Sir Anderson?"

Anderson: . . . Anderson will do just fine .
I called you in today because I wanted to conduct a little test. Nothing too difficult, You may take your time while we're at it.

"Where will the test take place?"

Anderson: From here, go straight into the Simulation Room. There will be someone there to fill you in, that is all.

Anis: ...You called us here just for that?

Rapi: Anis.

Anis: What? I'm just asking.

Anderson:
I simply wanted to meet the commander in person, no other reason.

Anis:
.  .  .

Rapi:
.  .  .

Anderson: I believe we are done here

"A question may I ask, Anderson."

Anderson: One moment

The Deputy Chief looked into his wrist watch for a second . . .

Anderson: I suppose I have time to answer one question. Just one.

I could have asked him if he knew something if he knew of Marian being corrupted while she was still inside the Ark. but this one seems appropriate I still need to suppress that thought in my head.

"Has there been a case where a corrupted Nikke roamed around in the Ark?"

Anderson: The other nikke who has fought with you, Marian was it? She was the one that was destroyed in your last operation? I am afraid I have nothing for you , I am terribly sorry . . . We are conducting an investigation into the operation as we speak. The only thing we ARE certain of, is that the Aegis Barriers are inpenetrable. Now... If you don't mind, I have other business to attend to .

"Understood."

Anderson: You may leave now,
I'm sure we'll meet again.

I looked over to Rapi and Anis as I nod my head to them as we left to enter a simulation room . Here we meet . . .

Ingrid: I'm Ingrid, your coach for today

Welcome to the Simulation Room.

Anis, on my left asked what is this all about . . .

Rapi: Having our combat skills tested
after a mission? I have never heard of such a thing. They usually do this sort of thing before hand.

Anis: And isn't that CEO of Elysion? What is she doing here!

Rapi: This is . A hobby of hers.

Ingrid shot a glare with a bothered expression, not too angry .

Ingrid: No chit-chat when I am speaking.

Anis and Rapi silence themselves to let Ingrid finish talking. . . Ingrid look over to me directly as she is talking

Ingrid: . . . Next, you will face a battle simulation within this room. You can experience combat in reality here. Not only can it simulate all kinds of real battle scenarios, but you can also fight against virtual raptures. Tactics will be essential to handle various situations in battle. So go and complete the test tactically. That is all.

Rapi raised her hand to ask Ingrid a question

Rapi: I have a question.

The question is canceled as Ingrid prohibits in this time

Ingrid: No questions allowed . . . . . .
Before we begin the training, I need to know your squad name.

'I have no squad name in mind besides Counters'

"Counters."

Ingrid: Name Confirmed . . .
I will be looking forward to your combat skills . . .

[Cliffhang for now . . .]