Chapter Eight

Catherina is busy staring  at the medical chart. Staying in hospital is very tiring, she shut her eyes for a second and lean in her chair. She misses Steven!

Napangiti siya ng Maalala ang mga bagay na ginawa nito sakanya. Steven's hand had a bruise while punching that media man. Ilang araw din silang pinag piyestahan ng media dahil sa insidenteng nangyari.

She grabbed her phone and she open it tapos pumunta siya sa gallery. Then she find herself smiling while staring at Steven pictures.

Para siyang tanga na ngumingiti naputol lamang iyon ng narinig niyang binuksan ng malakas ang pintuan ng kanyang opisina.

Then she saw her mother dark aura. She look like she wants to eat her alive.

"Catherina Marie!Care to explain what is this?! Sabay tapon ng newspaper sa kanyang harapan.

"Ohh!hello dear mother,  you know knocking three times is the righ—-

"Bushit!don't you dare lecture me!Anak Lang kita!!Sigaw nito sakanya

Then she stare at her coldly. Tapos ay tumayo siya

She pick up the newspaper that landed in her desk.

"Hmmm, she read every sentences"

"Ahmm?what do you want me to explain?tama naman lahat nang nakasabi dito"actually the reporter wrote it very well.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!

Dahil ba sa lalaking ito dahil nag kakaganyan ka?!

Hindi mo Lang Inisip ang kapakanan ng image ng pamilya natin?sigaw nito

"I know what I'm doing mother!The paparazzi is giving me an headache! Plus they are harassing Steven and Lilo! I won't let them hurt my family! di niya maiwasang umalsa ang boses niya.

"Ahhh!your family?!how about us Marie!Hindi mo ba kami pamilya? Paano nalang ang career ng ate mo?Gosh your so insensitive!

"Don't give me that crap Mother!  For once I want to be happy at hindi nila pwede ng gawin kay Steven ang ginawa nila saakin!

"Yes! Those media may brand me everything!. Pero di nila pwede ng gawin iyon kay Steven!He is wonderful person!sabay sigaw niya dito.

"Ohh so that's the reason why you had that interview?!and you even  told them that you operated Beatrice?So what next Marie?Sasabihin mo din ba sakanila lahat ng sekreto  ng pamilya natin?Paano ang ate mo? She will be devastated!Your soo selfish!Hindi ko alam bakit nabuhay kapa sa mundong ito! You better fix it or else di mo magugustuhan ang gagawin ko sa kanila! 

"Are you threatening me?tanong niya dito

"It depends on how you see it Marie, sa lahat ng magkakapatid ikaw lang ang may alam kung paano ako magalit. Nagawa ko dati saiyo, remember?

Napalunok siya

"Just leave now!galit na sabi nito

"Your not the daughter I raise, pag isipan mo ang mga sinabi ko!pagkatapos ay lumabas ito ng pinto.

Huminga ng malalim si Catherina

"For days,  the paparazzi are making many rude comments about her and Steven. Wala naman siyang pakialam sa sasabihin ng iba sakanya. But with Steven!Its different they're calling him names in social media. Saying rude stuff about him,investigating him. For the media it's a juicy story they love  harassing people as long they earn from them. Lately, she advised Steven to go other country and relax  at dahil doon ay nag away sila.

Steven doesn't want to leave her but she insisted dahil alam niyang kapag andoon ito ay di ito titigilan. 

"I need you to go somewhere"mahinang sabi niya dito

"What do you mean?Steven asked her

"I don't want you to experience what I experience before with the paparazzi, they are like wild beast!

"You know I am not weak I will not leave you, especially we have Lilo now I will protect you Catherina no matter what! sabay hawak nito sa mga kamay niya.

"Just please go Steven, please I--I will die if something bad will happen to you both, and with my Mom--

"What about your Mother did she tried hurting you again?nakita niyang napuno ng galit ang mga mata nito.

"Of course not! But--

Steven doesn't know what Miranda is capable of doing, but still she's her mother ayaw niyang mas lalong masira ang imahe nito sa panigin ni Steven.

"I mean you know my Mom has a temper-- I just don't want to be torn between you and ---

"Shhh!It's okay Love I understand, how long do we need to get separated from each other?

Catherina smiled bitterly, while looking at Steven's eyes

She use of Steven's presence, di niya alam kung makakaya niyang di ito makita ng matagal.

Then she felt Steven warm lips, they shared a very passionate kiss

"hmmm,napaungol siya

"You know, you don't need to answer my question"tapos napangiti ito

"Then she got lost!damn her expression looks stupid

"ahmmm, what?she cleared her voice 

"Babe your reaction tells me you cant last a day without sieng my handsome face" biro nito sakanya.

That's the last time they saw each other. Then she notice the picture frame in her table, in the past it was only her sisters. They are quite young back them, they smiled so happily. Inabot niya ito at hinaplos ang mukha ng kanyang mga kaibigan.

"Now I truly understand what you felt  X, when you protected that man and you too Serena why you can't stay away from that Mad king. It made sense now, looking back if the old Catherina may see her now. She will call her pathetic from having this feelings towards this man. But Steven and Lilo made her happy. She now realised that Lilo and Steven are her world, funny may it sound but in the past the love she had for her sister's are selfish.She studied medicine so that she can protect them. But now there are more people she want's to protect at di niya hahayaan na masira ng kung sino man ang meron siya ngayon. Now she can finally admit that Lilo and Steven are her weakness.

" I need to do something!sigaw ng kanyang isipan

"I know my Mother is thinking of something bad.

She press the botton and she heard her assistant knock on the door.

"Doctor Catherina do you need something?

"Yes, I want you to set a board meeting"seryosong sabi niya dito

"Is that all?her assistant asked her

"Yes, and one more thing Carmella do it secretly and don't let my mother know about this"

"Yes Doctor Catherina"sagot ni Carmella sakanya.

Carmella is a little confuse this is the first Catherina called a board meeting at di pa talaga kasama ang ina nito. Catherina doesnt involve in hospital politics, kaya minsan naawa siya sa batang ito. The hospital is hers pero wala itong sariling boses sa pagmamay ari nito. Maybe, change is soon to happen in this hospital.

Carmella was about to go when Catherina spoke again

-and before I forgot Carmella I need you to find me a new picture frame' Catherina said while smiling.

_________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hello mga palangga,Musta?Happy Valentines day, miss you all. I hope you are happy and well. Maraming salamat sa support ninyo. I read all your comments here in chapters as well as in my wall. Again, thank pasensiya na medyo natagal ang update. But I treasured every comment and message you have for me.Thank you again and be safe!

''LOVE WHITEBELLS"