Epilogue

Epilogue

When it finally reached an entire month of living with Shane and Joey, I was still on edge. Linderman could appear any second, and everything could turn to shit again, just like before. And I am not prepared for that. Almost my entire life, I'd known nothing but pain. This was my chance for a better future. But I just couldn't.

Things weren't so bad though. I mean, so far neither my 'daddies' had tried to rape me. Makes a change I guess. They've also enrolled Hunter into dance class, just like he's always wanted. A creative outlet for him could work wonderfully. He deserves it.

And I've been dropped into therapy. It sucked. But it's supposed to work. Both Shane and Joey told me their therapy sessions years ago has really helped them over the years. I'm willing to try though.

It was a Thursday night, and it was just Joey and I still up, and watching some TV. Shane was out working like always, and Hunter was sleeping. It was just us. I hated being alone around them. Just in case. But Joey wasn't that bad.

"You doing okay?" He turned and asked me. I looked at him nervously, as if it was some sort of trap. He seemed sincere though. I trusted him.

"Not really" I said honestly, after a few moments of thinking about whether to be truthful. Joey shifted his position and faced me, giving me his full attention.

"Am I allowed to know why? Can I help?" He asked.

I pulled my knees up to my chest, whilst still sitting on the couch. I thought for a moment, then decided I could do this.

"I'm afraid" I said quietly, not even looking at him. I tried really hard to keep myself from shaking, but I just couldn't help it. I never asked for my life to be like this, and I never asked for this anxiety.

"Of what?" He asked nicely, still keeping a calm expression. I liked that he did that. No condescending sneer or sly, dirty grin. Just calmness, and affection. Like a dad?

"Lin... The guy" I sighed. That's all they knew. It was a guy and my mom that are the reason we were taken away from our home. He doesn't know his name or what he did. That's all I wanted. I don't want them to know I'm a whore.

"He won't get you. I won't let him, and I promise you that, Gage. I will protect you" he said, and his hand came towards my arm, but then he realised I wouldn't take too kindly to that. It frightens me.

"But-"

"No. He won't. Ever. I love you, and Hunter, and I will take care of you both, and protect you. Especially from him. He doesn't know you're here, you're safe" he said softly, interrupting me. I sighed, and broke our eye contact. I still felt unsure.

"Can I ask a favour?" I said feeling quite small.

"Of course"

"Can I have a hug?" I asked and looked at him through the haze of the tears that glossed over my vision. Joey breathed out a chuckled, budging himself over to my side. He slowly and carefully put an arm around my shoulders and the other on my back. In less then an instant I felt so safe with him. I immediately, and almost instinctively, fell against him and he rubbed little circles on my back softly. "Thank you" I breathed out.

It's possible, that I might be safe like he says. But only time will tell. No one knows what could happen in the future. Anything could happen...

---

A/N: well, there we go. It's all finished, it's all over. I'm so so so sorry that sucked ass, and perhaps over time I'll go through and edit the chapters. I'm 100% aware that this entire book was awful, and you have my deepest, deepest apologies. I'm sorry