Chapter Five

Luke and I are laying on his bed, panting from our activities. I smile as I look at the ring on my finger, happy that I am finally marrying the man I love. Luke kisses my neck as I run my fingers through his hair. "Why do you have to go help him?" I sit up and kiss his jaw, "Because I saw it in his eyes that he would be devastated if his mother died. I know I didn't have a caring mother. I have a father that isn't really around. I know what that feels like Luke and I am upset about it as much as you, but I don't need anything but you." 

Luke smirks and lays me back down, "I only need you as well pretty eyes, now let's go another round before the children come busting in here for supplies and advice. I grin and tug Luke down for a kiss. 

Around 1 AM

After we both get dressed and I'm packed, I sit in Luke's lap as he plays Call of Duty. I snort when he dies and he pokes me in the side, "Hush, love. I don't need you laughing at me" I smile and kiss his cheek. 

I hear footsteps enter the cabin and I turn to look over Luke's shoulder, smiling at Annabeth and Grover. "Luke," Annabeth starts as Luke just hums in acknowledgment, turning around. "Hey guys," Luke said while continuing to play his game, "Percy, figured you'd stop by sooner or later. I told you pretty eyes." I smile and roll my eyes, getting out of his lap to grab my bag. Percy groans, "You too? I just got done trying to tell these two to go to bed. Also, wouldn't you like to spend quality time with your future husband?" Luke chuckles, "I stopped trying to argue with her a long time ago. Miley does what she wants, with common sense attached anyway. I know she'll be okay." 

I kiss his head and smile, "Yeah. I've been on a few quests so it might be beneficial for me to tag along." Luke keeps playing his game, "Everyone stops by sooner or later. To get away from all of that Renaissance Faire stuff out there, you know?" Luke pauses his game, stands up, and looks at the trio, "But uh, welcome to the modern world." I walk over to Luke and kiss his cheek. 

Annabeth and Grover look around in awe, "Cool." "New stuff." Luke looks at their bags in fake confusion, "What are you guys up to?" I snort at his tone and place my necklace on, I got it as a gift from Ares on my 16th birthday. You press it twice and a barrier surrounds you. 

"We're going to get my mom back," Percy said with determination. "Your dad is the messenger of the gods, one of the only ones who's gotten in and out of the Underworld. Do you have any idea how?" Annabeth asked. I raised my eyebrows and checked my bag one last time. Luke looks serious, "My dad's a jerk. I've never met him. Miley met her dad though. I'm not upset at her for it. I've heard that he communicates with all of his children sometimes." Percy nods at Luke, "You too?"

Luke smiles and jokes, "I guess we all got daddy issues, Miley included but she has mommy issues too." Percy looks at me and I nod, "Mother blamed me for dad's disappearance. Turned abusive. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. I ran away when I was five, Percy. I'm happy that you have a great relationship with your mother. That's why I'm helping you. I'd hate to see a healthy family dynamic suffer." Annabeth hugs me, knowing that my childhood revolved around camp. 

"That's because all gods are the same: selfish. They only care about themselves. But I once broke into my dad's house. Got some cool stuff. I also fucked Miley on his couch. Great times." Grover looks at me surprised and I smirked at him as Annabeth giggles.

Luke walks over to a shelf full of random stuff and takes a box down, blowing the dust off. "For you," Luke said handing the box to Percy. Percy glances at Annabeth and opens it up, I grin seeing the winged converse. Grover looks at them amazed. "Flying shoes?" Percy asked as we watch it flutter in place and start flying away. "Their my dad's. He has hundred of these little guys," Luke says walking forward to catch the shoe by its back before it flies away. 

"Won't even miss them. Look underneath the other one," Luke tells Percy and I walk forward to see. Percy lifts the other one to find a piece of parchment as Luke puts the shoe back and leans against a table. "You see, people have gone to the Underworld before, without having to be dead. Hercules did it, Orpheus did it. My dad does it all the time. Getting in is the easy part. Getting out, now that's tricky. This is a map to Persephone's pearls." Luke tapped his finger to the map in Percy's hands and I lean against Luke. "Persephone? You mean Hades' wife?" I grin, "The one and only. Forced her to marry him. Keeps her prisoner." Annabeth nods in agreement. 

"Needless to say, she hates it there. It's hot. He's a weirdo. So, she has secret visitors," Luke said grinning as Grover hums. "You better not have secret visitors," I said glaing at Luke and he just smiles and kisses my head, "You know I don't pretty eyes. Anyways, she keeps pearls hidden for them all over the world. These pearls provide a quick escape from the underworld. You could use them to get out."

Grover looks up at Luke, "So how do these pearls work?" Luke leans forward, "Easy. You take a pearl, step on it, you crush it, visualize where you want to be taken," He then sighs and looks at me, "Right now, there's only three pearls in the United States." Percy, Annabeth, and Grover look at me in alarm. "You have to stay here Miles. I can't let you do this," Grover said frowning. I sigh and hug Luke, "I've got a plan for this. I just hope that the person I'm meeting can supply what I need." Luke frowns, "I don't want you to go, but I know I can't stop you." Percy sets a hand on my arm, "Thank you. It means a lot. I'll owe you one." 

Luke hugs me tight like he'll lose me forever, "This map will guide you to those pearls. Right here is your first location." Luke points to a spot on the map. "Auntie Em's Garden Emporium. Huh," Grover reads. Luke nods, "Once you find the first pearl, the map will show you the next one, then the next one, and then you're off to Hades. Which reminds me, you guys might need some extra protection so, my favorite shield," Luke hands Percy his shield. I gasp, "You never let me use it!" Luke chuckles, "Because you don't need it my little battle demon." I pout as Grover and Annabeth laugh.

Luke looks serious to Annabeth and Grover, "You might wanna take a step back." They step back as Percy adjusts the shield on his arm and yells out in shock as it clicks and forms completely. Luke hums in satisfaction. Percy smiles and pats Luke's arm, "Thanks, Luke." Luke smiles, "Ah, don't mention it. But, uh, you're going to have to promise me two things," All of us look at him, "One, bring my wife back without a scratch or you'll pay." Percy and Grover gulp as Annabeth giggles behind her hand. "And two?" Percy asks nervously. "If you see my dad on the highway to hell. Kick his ass for me." Percy nods concerned and looks at me, "We'll be outside waiting on you to say goodbye." The trio exits, leaving Luke and I alone, "I want you to be safe Miley. I mean it. I love you. I don't want to lose you." Luke said kissing my lips. I hum in the kiss and then pull back smiling, "It will take more than death to make me stay away from you Luke. I mean it. You can't do anything to make me hate you." Luke smiles slightly, "Kick some monster ass for me, pretty eyes." Luke kisses me one last time before I step outside his cabin. 

I close the flap to his cabin and walk up to the trio, "Ready to go, Persassy?" Percy chuckles, "Ready as I'll ever be." Grover smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulders, "Let's do this you guys." Annabeth smiles and leads the way out of camp.