CHAPTER FIVE

FIVE

"Can only hope that the ending is as pleasurable as the start."
-balaclava, arctic monkeys

NAMAOYI DECIDED THAT she loved Tsireya. The girl was passionate about her home, much like Namaoyi, and seemed to be gleeful about everything. She understood why Lo'ak first looked so lovestruck when his eyes landed on the girl walking through the shallow water, him and his brother currently following behind the two girls like little lost puppies.

"And, just look at your skin! You are like us, why were you in the forest?" Tsireya asked as her feet easily guided themselves through the nets above the water, Namaoyi trying to focus on her words as she cautiously planned out her footing.

"I do not know," she said quietly, sparing a glance at the Sully family behind her before looking back into Tsireyas wonder-filled eyes. "I sort of just appeared there."

Tsireya furrowed her brows with a soft smile. "That is strange, very strange . . . but cool! It is an awesome story," she cheered, turning around to bounce backward on the strong net pathing. "But, oh, Eywa, your hair! It is so beautiful," she gushed, reaching forward to run her fingers through the ends of Namaoyis dark locks resting upon her shoulders. "Oh, this is for you! This is your new home."

It was a small hut on the edge of the village, sitting above the calm water of the sea. Whilst the others walked inside to dump their belongings on the floor, Namaoyi rushed to the edge of the fencing to look down at the water.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Tsireya laughed, her hand reaching up to cover her mouth. Namaoyi smiled.

"It is," she sighed. It was nostalgic, as she knew she'd been here and seen it all before, but it was so long ago that it was foggy. She hoped, now that they'd flown to her home village, that someone - anyone - could provide her with the answers she longed for.

"Namao!" Neteyam shouted from inside the hut. She spared an apologetic glance at Tsireya before walking inside, admiring the patchwork along the roof and walls.

"Okay, Sullys fall in! And Nam, of course," Jake smiled, directing the girl who'd just walked through the doorway over to the family with a glimpse of a smile and wave of his hand. "Okay, I need you kids to be on your best behavior," he looked between them all, from Kiri and Tuk and Lo'ak to Neteyam and Namaoyi. "I mean it! Learn fast, pull your weight, don't cause trouble. Got it?"

"Yes, sir," Lo'ak nodded, Namaoyi looking over to him from beside her with a grin as she nudged his side. He glanced to his side, scrunching up his face at her, before returning his sight to his father.

"I want to go home," Tuk cried from beside Neytiri, the woman instantly softening her firm glance as she looked down at her youngest daughter. 

"Oh, Tuk," she sighed, sadness evident in her voice.

Jake looked down, taking his daughters hands in his own. "Tuk, this is our home now. We're gonna make it through this," he looked up, "we can do this is if we have each others backs."

"Now Nam," he started, dropping Tuks hands as he stood up straighter to look at the girl level in the eye. His hand landed on Tuks head, ruffling her hair as he stared across at the Metkayina girl. "You're gonna learn this much quicker than us, so you'll have to help, okay? It'll be just like we taught you, but . . . harder," he winced, frowning towards the girl. "Sorry."

"That is okay! I do not- I cannot remember much, so I do not know how fast I will be at learning. I will help as soon as I can," she smiled, looking between the members of the Sully family with friendly eyes.