two.

Camila usually took a while to wake up in the morning. Back in high school, she'd pull the covers over her head when Karla's alarm went off, dozing for a few more minutes while her sister started her hair and makeup.

Even after high school, when Karla was away at Pines and Camila worked almost every day, she still had to force her eyes open and herself to sit up, sometimes managing to get dressed only a few minutes before she was supposed to leave to flip burgers.

But today was different. It was her first day of classes at Pines and she was so excited that her eyes flew open as soon her alarm went off. Camila reached over and turned it off.

Her body didn't ache with reluctance as she got up. She actually felt energized, and she hadn't even had her coffee yet.

Each dorm room had a bathroom that was basically the size of a closet with just a sink and toilet. All the showers were down the hall, and Camila was glad she took one last night. She didn't want to have to even see the rush for the showers this morning.

Camila went to the bathroom and used the toilet and brushed her teeth before going back to her bedroom to decide what to wear.

Karla had given Camila a ton of her old clothes, since she was packing light for California. She also said it would help Camila pass as her, and she had to admit that it made sense.

But Karla's taste was a little bit different than her own. Karla owned tons of crop tops and tanks and shorts, while Camila was more of a fan of layers.

She finally decided on a cropped t-shirt, finding some of her own more high-waisted denim shorts that would hide more of her midriff.

She put Karla's denim jacket on as well, and with her makeup done lightly and her hair pulled back in a ponytail, her bangs over her forehead, she looked exactly like Karla.

Camila grabbed her phone and took a selfie, sending it to Karla. A moment later, her phone rang and she grinned excitedly when she answered.

"Oh my God, you look so much like me, it's insane." Karla said. "That literally looks like a picture I could have taken last year."

"I know, right?" Camila smiled, sitting cross-legged on the foot of the bed. "Seems like a good sign to me."

"Plus, I bet you're so thrilled—you've always been so jealous of that jacket."

"Well, it's cute!" Camila put her free hand in the pocket. "And the pockets are roomy."

"How was yesterday when you got there?"

"It was fine."

"Who's your roommate?"

"A girl named Paige Warner?"

"I don't know her." Karla sounded relieved.

"Yeah, she's an art major." Camila said. "But she seemed nice."

"Did you see or talk to anyone else? Anyone who knew me, I mean?"

Camila bit her lip nervously. She needed to tell Karla about Shawn, but she couldn't tell her that Shawn knew their secret—she didn't want Karla to freak out or think Camila blew it already.

She had to handle this very delicately.

"Um, I saw Shawn...Mendes..." She said, trying to sound casual.

Karla gasped softly.

"Oh shit." She sighed. "Yeah, fuck, I forgot he went there. Shit."

"It's okay—"