Introduction

(Copying and pasting this intro in all my headcanon books so no one is left confused lololol. If you’ve already read this in one of my different headcanon books, then feel free to just skip this chapter.)

~~~

HOOOOO BOY I'M REWRITING THIS YET AGAIN. HOPEFULLY THIS'LL BE THE LAST TIME BUT I'M NOT PROMISING ANYTHING.

Okay sooooo, to try and explain this as clearly as humanly possible, let's use Project Diva as an example. As you probably know, these games have costumes that can be used in the MVs for most of the in-game songs called "modules." Now, these modules are simply meant to be all the same Vocaloids in different outfits (ex. Spiritual, Princess Blanche and Liar are all just Miku.) But like... what if it WASN'T that way? Like what if they WEREN'T just Vocaloids in different outfits? What if they all were completely separate people with their own identities?? Yeah that's kinda what I thought around 5 years ago, and now we're here.

Basically, what I've been doing is taking Vocaloid designs from songs, albums and other media sources, and turning them into their own characters (note that other synthesizer programs like Utau and Cevio are also included in this because why not.) I've been giving them their own names, ages, personalities, etc. I refer to them as Spirits, which is short for “Spirits of Music.” Sure, maybe it’s a weird name, but that's just the way it is and you all have to deal with it >:)

This whole AU takes place in a sort of solar system called Melodia (yes I changed the name of my AU once again. It used to be called Regnum, but I've decided that name is stupid and cringe and that Melodia fits with the general theme of the AU more.)

Melodia is essentially united by music! Quite a lot of the Spirits in Melodia are musicians or something similar, though just about everyone considers music to play a significant role in their lives. After all, music is what powers Melodia and keeps it alive.

Melodia is made up of six planets called Clouds, five of them being the Clouds that appeared in Project Diva X (Classic, Cute, Cool, Elegant and Quirky.) The sixth Cloud is the Void Cloud, which is entirely made up by me. Here, I'll give a brief description of each Cloud to give you an idea of what they're like.

Classic:

The central cloud of Melodia. Most known for being the residing place of the Ultimate Modules, as well as where the Exquisite Rampage Tower is located. The First Concert Hall is found on the first floor (go figure,) while the Ultimate Concert Hall is all the way at the top above the clouds. These, alongside the other concert halls, utilize the power of music to sustain Melodia's energy.

Elegant:

This cloud is known for harboring most of the wealthier and fancier Spirits, although not everyone there lives such a lavish lifestyle. It's also known for having an especially high concentration of magic energy. The Elegant Concert Hall is located here, acting as the main power source for this cloud.

Cute:

This cloud's most known features are its abundance of flowers and other wildlife, as well as having an all-around soft and welcoming aura. The Cute Concert Hall is located here, acting as the main power source for this cloud.

Cool:

Out of all the clouds, the Cool Cloud is the most technologically advanced. It's also sometimes described as being the "trendiest" of the clouds, and is always bustling with people. The Cool Concert Hall is located here, acting as the main power source for this cloud.