Goosed

The cooking thing—even though Regulus and his not-a-girlfriend-but-a-wife-now were there for a few days now with their little one was still strange, for Sirius never imagined his younger brother to be into cooking. Yet, it quickly became apparent that Regulus had definite plans regarding what he would cook for Christmas dinner. Olivia was also okay with leaving him to it, outside of reminding Regulus they didn 't know how well the appliances in Sirius' flat functioned.

Sirius frowned. "Are you going to leave him to do it alone?"

"Don't worry. He'll ask me if he wants help in his own way," Olivia said. "Or I should say the company. He might ask you to help."

"Why?"

Olivia laughed. "Because he wants to spend time with you. "

And that was that, with Sirius helping Regulus with the shopping, which was a rather long list of items. While they were gone, Olivia put Hermione down for a nap, and Regulus went to check on her, leaving the bags of groceries on the counter with Sirius unsure of what to do with any of the objects as he 'd already been lectured by Regulus through Olivia that there was a proper way to deal with food. "Yet another reason I don't like her."

"Who?"

Sirius nearly jumped out of his skin at the sound of someone apparating, although it might have been who he heard. He turned, eyes wide, as he looked at the person. "What, pray do tell, are you doing here? And how did you get in?"

The person in question stood there, setting a rather large dish on the counter. "What do you mean? How did I get in? The magic you used to guard your home against intruders was all of my own design, Sirius."

Sirius pointed his finger at the person. "You didn't answer my first question."

"Lucretia told me," they said, pausing. "She told me Regulus is here, alive, spending the holidays with you."

Sirius sighed, turning his head to look away, irritated. "Of course. Regulus." He turned back. "You, sir, are an uninvited guest."

This was when Hermione decided to cry from the other room, causing Orion to turn and look at the room Regulus shared with Olivia and their daughter. "Wait. You have a little one."

"A little one?" Sirius blinked.

"Can I see them?" the man asked.

"Are you kidding me?" Sirius said, feeling the color drain from his face at the assumption.

"I don't care if he—or she is illegitimate. Or what's happened between you and me in the past? I want to be a part of their life, my grandchild's life."

"Excuse me?" Sirius stared, feeling as if he had a mental heart attack that the man in front of him would extend that kind of courtesy as well as how off the old man was.

"I know, I know," Orion said, looking at the dish. "It's a Christmas goose with all the trimmings. Kreacher made it."

"Hold on," Sirius hoped the sigh conveyed his frustration, particularly knowing Regulus already had plans for the Christmas dinner. At that same time, Regulus stepped out, holding onto Hermione and calming her down, glancing quickly back into the room and shaking his head—likely at Olivia, indicating he wanted to find out what was happening. "A Christmas goose?"

"Well, yes. We always have a Christmas goose for Christmas dinner," Orion said. "Remember?"

Sirius blinked. "Oh, I remember. That's not the issue."