Chapter 1 •°• The day

In a very unique town lived very unique dolls, that were... I must say... very very unique!

So in other words they were quite ugly, not that ugly but still...

They called themselves Uglydolls and they were quite proud of who they were and what they looked like. Their town was called Uglyville and to be honest these little guys were totally into literal naming.

Today's the day! Was the first thought that popped in a pinkish red plushie's head as she woke up. She hopped from her bed and skipped happily to her calendar.

"Good morning Moxy! You're up early?" A white peg-a-corn sat by her window.

"Oh good morning Peggy! I always have to be up bright and early! Who knows when the day will arrive!" She wrote down on her calendar 'today's the day' and went to look at herself in the mirror. "Looking great as always gorgeous!" She said to her reflection, winking.

A dark blue Uglydoll jumped in her room, startling Peggy. "Hey hey Moxy! You're in a good mood... as always!" The Uglydoll was Uglydog and he was Moxy's best friend.

"Today could be the day! I just know it! I'll find my kid!" Moxy was now sitting on her work table where she updated a new storyline on the town's newspaper: The Daily Ugly.

"But you say that every day! And it never happens!" Uglydog stood beside her. Moxy looked down at her friend and he looked worried. She shrugged it off and printed all of the newspapers.

"I know the Big World is real! And you clearly know that whatever you say won't change my mind." She caught all of the newspapers that were flying off of the machine and jumped out of the window, Uglydog followed her lead and they were caught by Peggy and a few other Uglydoll birds. Then they broke out into a song. Definitely 'Couldn't Be Better'.

As they were flying high above Uglyville, they were spreading newspapers everywhere until they stopped when they saw a lime green bunny with a missing left eye.

"Here ya go mayor Ox! Hot off the press!" Moxy handed Ox a newspaper.

"Thanks Moxy! Today's tree planting day!" Ox cheered.

"So... does that mean that today's definitely the day? If you remove 'tree planting' you totally get 'today's the day'." Moxy's cute buggy eyes were filled with joy. "So if I do get chosen? Will I get picked up by like, a lon-"

"Moxy, I've told you many times before. The Big World and children are just make believe, fairytales." Ox began, "now tree planting day? That's a day to look forward to. Not a dream that will never happen."

Moxy was a bit disappointed and Ox planted a tree on the ground. He noticed her mood and sighed, when Luckybat, a red Uglydoll bat, took a photo he fixed up his face and smiled widely.

Moxy started to walk away with Uglydog and they were stopped by Wage, an orange Uglydoll. Who offered them free pastries, Moxy then turned back to her normal, optimistic self. She wanted to have a child so bad! But she was beginning to realize that not all dreams come true.

"You're still hung up on that Big World dream huh?" Wage asked Moxy, snapping her from her thoughts.

"I don't know... it's just that... don't you find it weird that when we first got here, we were so excited about going to the Big World? And every other Uglydoll that arrives knows of the Big World too?" Moxy questioned, looking down at her half eaten cookie.

"You just have to let go of some dreams. It's how life works Moxy.  You can't hold on to it much longer, you have to let it go." Wage said in a comforting tone, which was sorta unusual of her since she was the sassy one.

Moxy was about to speak when she was interrupted, "Incoming! Incoming! New Uglydoll! Incoming!" The electronic voice called out.

Everydoll then started to run to where the new Uglydoll was expected to arrive. They all started the count down. While Willard, the Uglydoll tortoise with a mattress strapped to his back, was taking it nice and slow.

5
.
.
4
.
.
3
.
.
2
.
.
1!!

A yellow Uglydoll came falling down from the sunflower and landed on it's head. Everydoll paused for a moment and started to cheer.

"Hello new friend, what is your name?" Ox asked the yellow doll kindly.

"Uh... Wedgehead?" She questioned.

"Ah! I love literal naming! Ain't that right Gibberish Cat?" Ox asked a cat that was standing infront of the huge crowd.

"Gurhjktfiipstipnkyufyehtinhts!" It replied with a happy look.

"Everyone! Let's give our new neighbor a tour?" Ox announced, Uglydog appeared from nowhere and dragged Wedgehead, showing her the different parts of Uglyville.

At the end of the day, it was meal time. Babo, a grey Uglydoll, pulled a lever and the whole street became a huge dining table. Food was distributed to everyone and a massive food fight started.

Ox called Moxy over so they could talk in private and avoid all of the sticky food.

"Now Moxy, why would you want to leave all of this?" Ox gestured to the Uglydolls having a good time.

"You know that I love it here and I'm super happy, but I feel like there's much MUCH more out there. Like there's something else I'm supposed to be doing." Moxy gave Ox a sincere smile.

"But I'm only trying to protect you... what if the Big World doesn't exist? Then what?" Ox frowned.

"Well, atleast I'll still have you all and maybe I would feel a bit sad, but I wouldn't let that stop me from being happy." Moxy genuinely smiled at Ox. "Have a goodnight Ox." Moxy kissed Ox's cheek. "Maybe tomorrow will be the day."