𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 7

Ven draped a blanket around Lumine and placed a cup of hot chocolate from a mug decorated in purple flowers next to her. Lumine sat across from the fireplace with her knees underneath her body and watched as Ven wrapped her hands in bandages.

"Alright. Done with your hands. Now your nose."

Ven brought his fingers to his mouth and whistled at the doorway. Immediately, the demon twins, Cleo and Claire, shuffled inside.

"Claire, you think you can fix her nose? Cleo, go find a cute bandaid to put on it."

The twins nodded and went to their duties; Cleo leaving to find a bandaid and Claire tending to the injury Venti applied to Lumine's nose.

Claire carefully hopped on Lumine's thighs and gently grabbed her nose with her tiny hands. A purple light slowly came to be from her hand as Lumine felt the knots of pain from her nose disappear. After Claire removed her hand, Lumine felt her nose for any other injuries.

"It feels so much better! Thank you, Claire~!" Lumine rewarded her with a small pat on the head. As if on cue, Cleo rushed in with a blue bandaid with clouds and a small sun imprinted on it. She took off the unnecessary bits and placed it on the bridge of Lumine's nose and pressed down lightly to make sure it wasn't going to fall off.

"Thank you, Cleo!" Lumine chirped and patted Cleo on her head. The twins bowed deeply and disappeared once again in a cloud of electrifying purple smoke.

Ven turned to Lumine with a grin on his face. "You think that Mr. Carmen is back yet? I hope so. That way, I can show him that I healed you and he'll be proud of me!"

"I think he said he was in the kitchen cooking rice and hot chocolate. Thats what I heard when we were in Dragonspine. Why don't you go check and see? Maybe you can ask him to bring me some rice as well. I'm pretty chilly still." Lumine took a small sip of her cocoa and rubbed some of the excess snow out of her hair.

"Oh, yeah of course! I'll be right back!" Ven assured and hastily left the room.

It wasn't long until arguing could be heard.

"YOU WHAT?! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BRING HER INSIDE?? I WAS SPECIFICALLY TRYING TO KILL HER! NOT HEAL HER, DUMBASS!"

"Why would you kill someone you loved?! I don't understand this at all. You're being a bad friend, Carmen!"

"I WAS NEVER HER FUCKING FRIEND!"

...

Those words hurt her more than it should have.

'I was never her friend.'

Lumine covered her mouth and shut the door, locking it and stepping back against the furthest wall. She slid down to the floor and contemplated what her ears caught.

Tears started to fill her vision as she began hiccupping and quickly the sob show begun.

'What do I mean to him?' She thought to herself, burying her head in her arms as she felt herself slip away from the world around her.