Stella's first word

The months had passed and Stella was already 9 months old.  Lesso was with her daughter in her arms while she corrected tests in her office. One by one, Lady Lesso was taking each test and reviewing each question and answer.  While little Stella was asleep on her mother's lap with her head resting on her chest.  Lesso grabbed the red pen from her and began marking off the questions she had got wrong before writing her grade at the top of the paper.  Lady Lesso put down her pen and leaned back in her chair as she let out a frustrated grimace.  Lady Lesso lowered her head and kissed her daughter's head as she stroked her back.  Stella, feeling her mother, woke up from her and looked at her with a smile that caused Lady Lesso to smile a little, and she calmed down.  "What happen, dear?"  asked Lady Lesso as she looked at her daughter.  Stella started to make a strange noise as if she was trying to say something.  Lady Lesso kept looking at her daughter until it happened. "Mommy" Stella spoke.  Lady Lesso's eyes widen as she looks at her.  Her daughter had just said the first word of her.  Lady Lesso smiles happily.  "Mom" Stella said with a smile on her face.  "Yes darling, mommy is here," Lady Lesso said "And she loves you very much," she added before kissing the little baby on one of her rosy cheeks eliciting a giggle from the little one.  Stella looked at her mom with a smile on her face.  Lady Lesso carefully held her daughter close to her.  Even though the day was not a pleasant one for the evil dean, hearing her daughter say the first word about her instantly made him better and the frustration she had with her students vanished. Lady Lesso gently cradles her daughter in her arms, and after a few minutes, Stella's eyes closed again as she drifted off to sleep.  Lady Lesso smiled and proceeded to rise to place her daughter in her cradle, before returning to her desk to finish grading the tests.  She thought about sharing the news with her colleague tomorrow afternoon because she knew that Professor Dovey would be excited to know that her Stella had finally said the first word about her.  Lady Lesso knew that her fellow dean adored her daughter as much as she did.  But when she finished correcting all the exams, it was already too late, so she went to sleep.

The next morning, Lesso went down with her daughter in her arms to the dining room.  While Lesso was eating breakfast with her daughter in her arms, some of her never started fighting, so she left Stella in Professor Dovey's arms while she took care of the problem.  Meanwhile, Dovey smiled at the little girl who had started pointing at her mom before saying "Mom, mommy." Dovey was stunned to hear the little girl speak, and after giving the little girl a little kiss on the cheek, she said "Yes That's your mom, look, she's coming" Lesso approached them and while Lesso took her little girl in her arms again, she said "Mommy" again. Lesso kissed the baby's head before turning to Dovey who had started talking to her "You had not told me that she knew how to speak" Lesso smiled and explained to the dean what happened yesterday and that when she wanted to go tell her it was already too late.  Dovey smiled and congratulated Lesso as she stroked one of Stella's handles.