Tangled Thoughts

🕷️ Author's note: I wrote this last night after spending all day reading every Spider-Kook fic I could get my hands on. I was not planning on creating this haha but... I love Jungkook. I love Spider-Man. It's only right for me to contribute to the Jungkook spider-verse. I've never written a Spider-Man fic, so hopefully, it flows alright!

🕷️ Warnings: shooty bang-bangs (guns), slicing and dicing (knives), blood, hint of sexy time at the end, cursing, people get boo-boos (injuries), kidnapping, explosions, pow-pows (fighting)

(cross-posted on tumblr (mimikookie))

The air in the room felt thick. Your body was jittery and you couldn't stop your eyes from dancing around the room. Anything was better than looking at him.

Jungkook, your latest ex-boyfriend of two years, sat in your desk chair across from you. While you could tell he was timid, he was less so than you. You weren't sure why you even agreed to meet with him. It's been a little over a week since you last saw him. You hated the way your heart still ached at the sight of him-hated the way your body yearned for his gentle touch on your skin. You hated that you wanted him back as soon as he came to you again. You hated how weak you were for him.

"I- I wanted to apologize," he spoke after what felt like hours, though it was only a minute of silence in reality. You kept your gaze averted, inwardly rolling your eyes. Wanted to apologize for the hundredth time and not mean it. When you didn't reply, he continued. "I know I have already, but... Argh," he huffed, annoyed at his own lack of words.

"Why are you really here, Jungkook?" For the first time since he arrived, you looked at him straight in the eyes. His round, dark brown globes were filled with anxiety and hopelessness. The pain in your chest from seeing such a sorrowful expression made you want to wrap him in your arms and tell him everything would be okay.

But it wouldn't be.

"I promise to spend more time with you. I wasn't seeing anyone-I swear! Please, Yn, I tried to give you the space you asked for, but I- I need you," he said, his voice slowing and speeding up at random times. Shaking your head, you looked at your closed window in your room. The curtains were slightly pulled back to reveal the cotton candy sky. The juxtaposition of the colorful sky and your gloomy room was humorous to you.

"Promises are meant to be kept," you countered. "You promised before you would stop running off randomly, or ditching me in the middle of dates-hell, you promised to even show up on our dates. You didn't keep those promises, Jungkook, so what makes you think I'll believe this one?" You huffed, your low voice raising with irritation as you continued. You were tired of his lame excuses as to why he had to leave abruptly or why he couldn't make it to your dates when it was supposed to start 30 minutes ago. Jungkook never seemed like the type to cheat, so the thought never crossed your mind until the end. You tried to reason and believe his poor excuses, but nothing seemed acceptable after deep contemplation. It didn't help that he couldn't give you a reasonable explanation as to why he was lying to you about his whereabouts whenever you confronted him. He knew you knew he was lying, yet he continued to do it. Straight to your face. You spent three months playing this ridiculous game. You were just so desperate for everything to get better. Two years with the same person, seeing them every day, was difficult to let go. It was obvious that you loved Jungkook. At one point, you thought he loved you, too.