The new job

The day was warm, typical of a summers day in the new town Wilder. It hadn't been long since the man had entered the town atop his stallion, Greg . He recalls how strange the feeling of the town was. He reckoned Greg could feel it too due to the fit he threw at the entrance. It was bold and loud enough that the quiet after the storm lured Danny into his mind.

It wasn't until an obnoxious screech filled the silence that the man was snapped out of his thoughts. After Yanking the reins Greg stopped letting out an almost annoyed huff.

"Oh sorry sir! didn't even see ya down there." His words were meet with a glare and a raging silence "..Well guess i'll be on my way then!" he tacked on after a moment of uncomfortable eye contact.

Dan couldn't help but let his thoughts wander to the appearance of the man. He had looked awful similar to himself, but this man looking more..Fancy. He had been dressed in a electric blue suit, very unusual considering most men cling to earth tones like the freedom they lost after marrying their wives. He also wore long golden earrings and many tiny clocks littered his sleeves.

Peaking behind him the strange man was no where to be seen, but the vibe of the place felt much better when he reached civilization.

The town was packed surprisingly. People scurried around the market and little kids pointed wooden cork guns at eachother presumably playing cops and robbers. He looked down smiling at the children and giving them a small wave, He already wore his uniform gently flexing how he no longer had to play cop, but had found his role in society.

Though as he waved to the children he was meet with strange looks. People around the market began to give him slight glances. Strange..Maybe they had troubles with the past sheriff? That wasn't an issue, Dan was sure he could win over the hearts of the new town he'd sworn to protect. The sea of the people parted and let him ride to the small police station in the center of town.

Dismounting Greg he rubs the horses head gently ruffling the tan horse's hair.

"I'll be back soon for our first assignment, gregs. No more pretending... we did it we finally are top dog!"

Danny walks inside the wooden building looking around his new occupational residence. It was decorated sparsely, The occasional taxidermy head was plastered to the wall along with a mediocre painting of the town. Sniffing a vase of half dead roses he hears a small clicking sound.

A man walks towards him. His hair neatly fluffed and styled in a way that compliments his face shape. His mustache was neatly groomed and twisted into happy curls at the ends. The mysterious fellow wore a golden cowboy hat littered with fancy jewls and rubies, he wore a simple golden vest that showed off his well groomed chest, and long bell bottom denim pants with some pretty bad embroidery along the sides. This man Danny recognized as the new mayor of Wilder... Kurtis Conner.

Kurtis strikes a pose against the nearest desk and eyes Danny up and down.

"So you're one of the new sheriffs eh?" He inquires tapping his long nails on his thigh "You look decent enough for the job, but worry hard boy because i won't let you pigs run free any longer.." the man sternly commands "And don't you think this is an empty threat either..This beast has got claws and he's not afraid to use em " He strikes a pose flexing his long tiger like claws before walking out the door leaving the new employee speechless.

'Heh i have to admire his motivation to protect his people..course he's wasting his breathe telling me..There isn't nothing anybody could do to stop me from fulfilling my dream and serving my people.' Danny thinks walking further down the hall. He thinks about the comment the man had made. One of the new sheriffs...Did that mean there was more?