02 | convenience store escapade

whether it involved school or not, shu's days all seemed identical

     whether it involved school or not, shu's days all seemed identical. strangely enough though, he liked it that way.

contrary to what most people thought of him, he actually liked being boring.

wednesday night came around with every student from his high school partying in the rainpuff residence, minus shu who laid back on his bed scanning through one of his textbooks to prepare for his exam later in the week.

by the time eleven came around, it appeared to be another normal night where he could just go to sleep after prepping for his classes.

it was just like any other of his roughly identical days ㅡ until y/n l/n slid his bedroom window open.

shu had just gotten out of the bathroom from a midnight bathroom break until he paused, his attention immediately flickering over to the girl crouched by his window sill.

after a moment of trying to make sense of the situation, shu forced a laugh through the awkward silence, then walked over and crouched down right in front of the window like this was a normal occurrence. "ever heard of a door before, neighbor?" 

the ends of her mouth curled up as she pulled her hoodie back. "i need to borrow your motorcycle."

"i don't have a motorcycle," he said.

she rolled her eyes. "just because you never use it for school doesn't mean i don't know it exists in your backyard, shu."

shu laughed, genuinely this time. "don't you have your dad's car?"

her shoulders tensed at the mention of her dad and shu immediately wanted to slap himself. shaking it off with practiced ease, she exhaled sharply, "dad took the damn keys away."

"why can't you just ask your boyfriend to pick you up?" shu tried to meet her eyes by squinting through the moonlight pooling down his cheeks. "i'm sure he'll be more than willing to drive you."

"yeah, no, we're not exactly on speaking terms right now," she said this with a dangerous dismissiveness to her tone that immediately made shu refrain from asking any more questions about it. "so like i said, i need a motorcycle. also, i need you to drive the said motorcycle because i don't have my license with me and this entire ride could take about twenty minutes."

"no."

"no, you're not going to help me? or no, just because you don't want to be the one who'll drive?"

"no, i'm not going to help you," shu clarified with a frown. "it's a school night."

"exactly," she said. "we both have school tomorrow, which gives us more of a reason to hurry up so we can get back before morning."

shu pulled his bottom lip between his teeth for a moment. he barely even knew the person crouched on his window ㅡ not anymore, at least. but even with years of complete radio silence, he apparently still had a hard time saying no to her.