00

{bound}

Princess Damarys Targaryen was the second born child of Prince Viserys Targaryen, the realm held their breath when her mother Queen Aemma  went onto the birthing bed as the sky had held a red hue in the days leading up to the event, while the crow...

Princess Damarys Targaryen was the second born child of Prince Viserys Targaryen, the realm held their breath when her mother Queen Aemma went onto the birthing bed as the sky had held a red hue in the days leading up to the event, while the crown held a public face of confidence, the royal family could not help but speculate the signs believed to have been sent by the gods

When she was only three years old her father inherited the crown, ensuring that her parents was only more determined to finally receive the blessing of a son in the marriage, a sentiment that the septa had repeated to the young princess's during the times of Aemma's (unsuccessful) pregnancies. The sense of duty instilled in young Damarys from teachings such as these, always a polite smile on her face, never a mean word from her lips, the exact image of a pristine princess the envy of the court.

While the princess was was some what subdued in the eyes of the majority, there was one person who made the girl shine like no other could, her dear uncle Daemon, the man who would sweep her away from lessons instead teaching her all the secret passage ways around the castle, or waking her up at dawn to practise archery when Damarys took a liking of the skill at one of the royal presentations.

The pair held a strong bond all through Damarys childhood, the young girl looking to her uncle for the paternal relationship her own father Viserys was all too often too busy in partake in. Daemon, while hesitant at the beginning of the Princess's life as he had never felt comfortable around his first niece, not seeing any reason to pay attention his brothers offspring, quickly fell into the role Damarys wanted him to play, her small smile and laugh being one of the only things that could drag the prince away from his more unsavory hobbies. Until the fateful time of the death of Queen Aemma and the exile of the rogue Prince, consequently separating the two for four years, with only a spare few letters shared between the uncle and niece, when the pair meet once more after the victory at the step stones the Prince can hardly recognise the flourished young woman waiting for him.