Zoe

My name is Zoe Brown.

A typical Sophomore high school student that wasn't appreciating the sun's warm kiss on her tanned face this particular morning. I rolled over to the other side, away from the sun as my eyes landed on the alarm clock just on my right bed side that showed nothing but a disappointing one minute left before my father would come banging on the door and forcing me out of here.
I still love him though.

I pushed the covers off my body as i rose to my feet, feeling a little uneasy. My body felt heavy and tired as expected and my eyes were low and a bit rusty when i looked into the mirror. Another year, another day. Welcome sophomore!
I cheered, my face still in the same resting bitch position.
"ZOE!" I turned away from the mirror slowly, expecting a loud bang on the door.
Bang!
"I'm up!" I yelled back, going to the door, turning the lock and cracking it open.
I liked it that way.

Since I was young, I never liked anyone into my little circle and I barely had friends. One time they took me to a doctor at around the age of fourteen and it was discovered that I had anxiety. They gave me a box of pills I drink everytime before I go to bed. Totally, not cool.
I always kept and still keep all my thoughts to myself. Not that I don't have the courage to say them aloud, but just because I don't see a point in it. My dad's aunt likes to joke and say I'm dark like Wednesday so I'm a raven, meant to be alone. Aiden, one of my childhood friends chuckled about it. He said "...it's silly to base reality into things we see on Tele. It makes not absolute sense!"

I thought to myself that he was right but I never let him know that. I just kept it to myself like how i always do.
By the time i got downstairs, dad was at the table, placing my share of breakfast at my chair and dad...was getting something from the refrigerator.

Newsflash, Yes... i have two dad's.

And it's definetly not a biological dad, step-dad situation. I literally have two dad's and they are married to each other.
People say it's disgusting for me to able to live with them in the same house but I'm pretty much used to it. Toni and Marcus adopted me when i was Appearently 18 months and since then I've been living with them as my guardians, my parents....basically my mom and dad. Toni is more feminine compared to Marcus and he can sometime be a pain in the neck. The man's never failed to embarrass me infront of crowds.

Ever since then, it's all people ever said to me : how I've been managed to be embarassed so many times. By the same person.

I've been through interviews about how gay stuff work or about how i feel about this but I never answered them. The fact that they could never pull a reaction out of me while I stayed in my silence, made me more powerful compared to them. And it all felt normal.
Keeping everything to myself, like always.

"Morning Z." Marcus greeted as i sat on the other side of the table, a smile that revealed his deep dimples, plastered on his face. "Hey dad." I greeted as expected. Tony joined us and stroked my hair before he turned to Marcus. Silence hung above us as we ate silently. I was slow at eating because I would usually study the shape of the food and try to think of how it felt the last time i ate it and when it was the last that i did eat it. However, This silence i knew.
It meant that something had been running in their minds, something they have discussed before.
"What?" I barked at them, Toni's eyes landing on me first as Marcus's stayed fixed to the pancakes on his plate.

"Marcus and I," Toni looked in the direction of Marcus as if asking for permission to say it, "have decided you need to have sessions atleast three times a week."
Marcus finally raised his eyes, and just then i turned to him my eyes fixed intensely on his as i saw nothing but fear in his eyes.
Fear of how i might react to all this.