℘ཞơƖơɠųɛ: ą вℓα¢к нσℓє

Edited

"I'm surprised your parents let you come Nyx"I say. I grab some fries off Daniela's plate and she glares at me. I simply smile at her annoyed face.

"I know, we're only 13 and they didn't think we should go out by ourselves."Nyx tell us. I smirk placing the fries into my mouth.

"Oh look it Andrew." Nyx smiles. I try to speak but the saltines of the fries make me choke. I whip back around before he can see me. I can hear him faintly laugh. I choke Krel pats my back glaring behind us.

"I don't understand why you like him? He's an ass." He tells me. After I finish choking I look at Krel. Truthfully I don't understand why Krel hates Andrew so much. He wasn't rude or anything, he was on out schools soccer team. He's a straight A student and was always pretty helpful.

"I don't like him I just think he's kinda cute." I replied. Krel rolls his eyes and looks away from me. It's not like I was in love anything, he was a good lab partner

Krel rolled his eyes at the notion and looked back at Andrew. He was sitting with a few of his soccer firmed laughing. I looked over with a small smile as the brunette looked over at me.

He held my gaze for a while his lips curling into his familiar smirk. His pearly whites flashed at me as he smiled. He had such a nice smile. As he turned away I moved my gaze back to Krel.

"I'm cute and you've never looked at me like that." Krel whispered. stare at him in confusion for a while. My e/c eyes staring into his emeralds. A dusty rose blush formed on his face as we held one another's gaze.

"Anyway, I have a gift for you. Cause what kind of birthday would it be without a gift." He scooted his chair close to me, invading my personal space. His soft cologne wafting around us, the scents of smoke and apples. It was a strange but wonderful aroma.

He pulled out a box wrapped in shell covered paper. I raise my brow at him as I look at the girls. They're deep in their own conversation. I take the box gently and rip the paper from the box.

I slowly remove the top of the box as I look up at him. Krel is smiling like a little kid on Christmas. His eyes hold adoration as I look down at the gift. A soft gasp escapes my lips as I stare down at the open box.

Slowly reaching my hand down I pull out a beautifully crafted music box. It's made of gold roses and they're vines wrapped around forming a circular structure. As I slowly open up the lid, a small gold flower bud rises.

The rose slowly begins to bloom as it spins and the music for Swan Lake plays. I breath out shakily as I stare down at the music box. My eyes trail up to meet Krel's, he's smiling like a fool.

Before I can answer I hear Daniela scream. I turn to her full of panic as she points out the window. I watch a crowd gather as I shove the music box into the jacket I stole from my dad. Krel and I push our way through the crowd to Daniela and Nyx.

I finally look out the window gasping at the sight in the sky. The bright blue sky melts into a large black hole in the sky. It sucks up cars, the tops of buildings and whatever people are screaming in the streets.

I'd always had a fascination with space, and I would've painted the scene if it wasn't so destructive. I feel Krel grip onto my hand pulling me away from the glass. My worlds seems to mash into a blur of screaming, running and the sound of phones ringing.

All I hear is my own ragged breathing for a moment as my back hits the metal of a car. My heart pounds inside of my ears like violent drums. I blink a few times as I claw at my chest trying to ease. My heart.