Chapter Seventeen: Riled With Determination

17. Riled With Determination

2-4-2023

A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter! I did my best to keep your part entertaining.
(;`・ω・)ノ

I will also have the previous chapters edited a little more because I use a website for the Dr. Stone manga and they're not really official chapter translations.

-----

The blonde warrior sway side-to-side as he finished taking in raw ingredients for caffeine. His opponent, a large, well-built man named Argos, stared at him with confusion.

"That boy takes mind over matter to the next level. I knew that much, but still..." mentioned Kohaku.

Senku chuckled, "Kukuku, for better or for worse, in this Grand Bout that we've rigged, a simple, brute force like that might be just the thing to smash our way forward!"

All of you then watched Ginro snap from his trance and run straight forward, blindly with no hesitation. He started giving Argos a flurry of jabs and attacks with his weapon with a confident grin on his face.

"Ginro, that fool! He convinced himself that he made himself stronger because of those herbs!" Kinro stated.

"I guess it's because it's his first time trying caffeine," you told him. "He's practically a steel ball of sheer will...how amusing!"

Senku chimed in, "Considering all the sneaky strategies we employed during the Grand Bout, this is the first straightforward, honorable fight we've seen and Ginro's the only one who hasn't realized it!"

It was honorable, there was no doubt about it. However, as soon as Senku had finished talking, Argos had taken a step forward to fight and ended up returning that flurry of attacks at Ginro.

The blonde warrior ate the attack and looked up at the man. His face was bulging with bruises and lumps, and his nose dripped with blood. You could hear him trying to talk but it sounded garbled. Everyone saw how messed up he was, but he was still standing proud.

Argos backed up, terrified. "Crap! How are you still--"

He did not realize it, but the man was at the edge of the arena. Ginro ended up pushing him off, causing him to fall into the water.

"The winner is Ginro!" Jasper announced.

Everybody cheered as Ginro held his spear high into the sky, in his abilities. You were quite proud, considering you were the one helping with his training before. But you saw him clutch his stomach and immediately rush out of the arena in fear. He was knocked out the moment he finished his bathroom break.

"For the fifth match, may (Y/N) and Titan step forward!"

"Guess it's my turn. I know you said to hold back, but can I at least have a little fun?" You looked at Senku, pleadingly.

"Don't screw him up too bad," Senku smirked.

You took out your bokken and headed for the middle. Before you could make it, Jasper stopped you. "I know the rules state no bladed weapons, as it is a wooden weapon, but the tip is sharp, isn't it? You need to cover it up before participating or else you're disqualified."

You widened your eyes, and your group was shocked as well. All of them were frantically looking for something to help cover up the tip of your blade.

"Crap, we don't have any cloth or anything to stick to your bokken!" Chrome cried.

"Well, we can't have her disqualified like Kohaku!" Kinro argued.

"Damn, it leaves me no choice!" You declared. You looked down, then frantically took the hem of your shirt and started ripping it off. You could hear gasps and noises of shock being heard around you as you continued to tear it off until your midriff was revealed. You then wrapped the cloth over the tip of your bokken, allowing it to stay soft. Since the rope you had around your waist had nothing to tie up, you used it to keep the cloth in place by tying it together. "That should be enough, right?"