Chapter-1

"God. I don't understand why these girls need snacks in the middle of the night, especially when we are in another country," I sighed as I walked out of the convenience store. I sighed, scrolling through my phone.

"I will scare Hadi when I get back home," I internally laughed at my own psychotic thoughts. A gasp escaped my lips when I was pulled into an alleyway. My heart started beating rapidly as I was pinned against a wall. I tried to scream, but that person covered my mouth with their hand.

I closed my eyes, not sure about what to do. I was defenseless. "I dare you to make any noise. I'll make sure to kill you right here," I heard a rough whisper as I felt something cold pressed against my cheek. I opened my eyes to meet a pair of dark brown eyes filled with anger and hate.

I glared into his eyes. The thing that angered me the most was him pinning me against the wall and his filthy hands on my skin. I tried to push him away, but he didn't even budge. I pushed his hand away from my face, making him smirk. "Bold. Are we?" He whispered, and I bit my inner cheek trying to control my anger.

"What do you want from me and how dare you touch me?" I spat, and he chuckled. "You do not tell me what to do. I will do what I want to do. Understand?" He replied, making me furious. What does this short good-for-nothing man think he is? He looks like a raccoon and thinks he owns everyone?

"Listen to me. You do what you want, but don't drag me into your shady shit. Do you understand?" I glared at him, and he smiled in return. He looked like an idiot. "I don't even know you. Why did you pull me into this alley?" I glared at him, and he chuckled, moving back as he ran his hands through his hair. He looked around and then looked back at me.

"Say thanks?" He smirked, making me raise my eyebrow. "And for what?" I chuckled sarcastically. "For saving your life, Miss, whatever," he remarked sarcastically, making me grit my teeth in anger. "Someone was following you. Probably some drunken creep, and I see you are not Korean. It's funny that you were speaking in English. I guess you don't have a mind too, 'cause who talks in English in Korea," he looked at me up and down.

"Listen to me, Mr. Raccoon," I pointed my index finger at him. "I didn't need your help. I can help myself, and I can defend myself. And who were you protecting me from when you yourself pointed a gun at me," I hissed angrily. "Did you just call me a raccoon?" He asked in disbelief. "Yes, I did. 'Cause you are a raccoon. STINKY ONE," I rolled my eyes, and he held my forearm, pulling me closer to him.

"Look at me. Are you blind or what? From where do I look like a raccoon to you?" He asked, and I chuckled, pushing him away. "From every angle," I spat, making him huff in anger.

"Listen to me, Miss, Whatever. You are so freaking annoying. Instead of thanking me, you are calling me a raccoon," he hugged, making me widen my eyes. "First of all, it's not Miss whatever. My name is Lina, and I am not annoying; you are. Did I ask for your help? Absolutely not. Then who were you to help me? Just mind your business," I said, making him roll his eyes.

"What a waste of a beautiful name. It was my fault to help an annoying person like you," he muttered, and I heard it. "Excuse me?" I looked at him, and he passed me a fake smile. "Have a great night," I pushed him away but felt a tug on my hair, which was left open under my hijab. Oh Allah, not this. I made a mental note to kill the girls once I got back to the rented house.

"Oh, see, the universe wants us to be together," the man smirked, and I glared at him. I tried to detangle my hair from the button of his shirt. This was so irritating, wallahi. We were so close, and I did not like it at all. "You are going to ruin my shirt. You don't know how expensive it is," he muttered, and I looked up at him. "Yes, and do I look like I care?" I asked, making him sigh. He gently removed my hands from his shirt. His hands held my hair softly as he freed my hair from his button.